1965 Dodge Polara 880. Tracking down a loved one.

c300g

Reaction score
Everyone has a car they wish had never gotten away. Their first car, a relatives car, perhaps even a car they had an opportunity to buy.
When I was around 10 years old, I saw a Canadian built 1965 Dodge Polara 880 at a cruise night. The car was virtually all original and in incredible condition. It was love at first sight. Sadly I was way too young and with an asking price well over $15,000, there was no way I could buy the car. Sometime around 2005 or 2006, the car sold. I contacted the seller and all he would tell me is the car went out west somewhere. He refused to give me any more details. I've tried multiple times since with no luck. About the only way he might tell me anything is if I were to show up at his door with a big cash bribe.
I'm still in no position to buy the car but I really want to track it down and keep in touch with the owner. I've tried on a few facebook groups with no luck. A car like this you'd think someone would know where it is. Hopefully someone on here will recognize it, perhaps know its fate.
I know the car was sold new at Steinberg Motor Sales in Williamsburg Ontario. The same dealership as my dads 64 Polara 500. The car was last seen in Kanata, just outside Ottawa Ontario around 2006. I believe the owner lived in Stittsville Ontario. It had a polyhead 318. As mentioned, the car was pretty much all original. The tires were not original but they were real double white wall bias plys from 1970. I was told the car went out west somewhere. This is all I know.
If anyone knows the whereabouts of this car or perhaps what might have happened to it, Please let me know. Like i was saying, I'm not in a position to buy the car, I just want to track it down and keep in touch.
I've attached all the photos I had been given of the car below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

And the seats are the same as the Fury III with the door and quarter panels as used on the U.S. Custom 880.

The Canadian 1965 Monaco used Sport Fury seats with the Custom 880 quarter panels.

Still looking for the car. I search google and kijiji every week or 2. this car must be out there somewhere!

Back