1966 Imperial Crown convertible

Member's Projects & Restorations

1. patrick66

patrick66 Senior Member

Well, while i'm awaiting my new fuel tank tube seal to the filler neck, i've been doing a little clean-up in the trunk, and dyeing the kick panels and lower carpet in the back, below the armrests. So far, it's looking good. I removed a few of the trunk filler panels when I had the electrical work done, it's about time to reinstall all that and take a few pics. The trunk and interior are looking fantastic!

The dash lighting issue has me perplexed. Fuses and circuits all test good. I wonder if the big cannon-style receptacle in back of the cluster might be suspect? Does anyone know if that plug connects everything? I have gauges, clock, and turn indicators electrically in the cluster, that's all. I know the clock has its own power source and is independent of the rest of the cluster.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  2. patrick66

patrick66 Senior Member

Trunk pics. Kinda dark. I'll get better ones out later. Installed the three pieces of the trunk board that hide the top motor and the wheelwells from view, so now the trunk is done-done, other than the jacking instructions decal. Also, got the window-to-roof weatherstrip installed. I was short the area around the right quarter-window, guess I'll need to get about three more feet to ensure there is enough.

Got my tank seal in the mail yesterday, but the old one is fine. There appears to be a hole above and to the right of the tank fill hole. Might just get a new tank over the Winter, rather than jack with patching mine. I guess when I fill the car up.in the meantime, it just means I have drive a couple of gallons off, before parking the Imperial.

20201020_190608.jpg

20201020_190556.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. patrick66

patrick66 Senior Member

Feeling a bit better on Saturday after recovering from an appendectomy, I went out to do a little on the Hudson. The little Jet has been on the back burner for several months. I decided to have my son and his friend install the front seat for me. I cleaned up the exterior and drained the little bit of stale fuel from the tank. Removed the Mooneyes wheel covers in favor of the stock stainless cop caps. Now, it looks like it can actually move out of the garage on its own power!

20201030_164825.jpg

20201030_164749.jpg

20201030_164603.jpg

• Like Like x 3