1966 Polara Horn Not Working

Wow. Just wow.
20210212_162847.jpg
20210212_172746.jpg

Just a reminder, kids. If you ever buy a 55 year old car, expect to find this kind of stuff keeping you from certain death.

Sincerely,

A very lucky guy.

My 1966 300 was almost that bad. Yes you are lucky. Going to church this Sunday? Let us know what you use to repair it with, and most of all, PICTURES.

All fixed. I used 2 of the Dorman 31002 rag joints (I think they're for a Lincoln of some type). The holes don't line up perfect, but they're large enough to work it into place. I used 2 of the original Allen head bolts to thread into the column, they weren't long enough to put the cotter pins back in, so red Loctite is the substitute.
20210212_192315.jpg
IMG_20210212_172444_01.jpg

Also made a ground wire for the horn, which is what got me into this whole mess to begin with. Best of all besides a working horn again, no slop in the wheel any more. Feels real nice. Parts cost me about $51 here in Canada, but I'm sure they can be had for much cheaper if you look hard enough.

Last edited:
Just received a new turn signal cancel cam from Year One. While I have the wheel off, I'm going to lube the horn contact ring. Does anyone know an easier way to remove and install that big "C" clip? Also is there a certain orientation that it has to be placed back into? I'm thinking it needs to face the left side by the cam but correct me if I'm wrong.

Just received a new turn signal cancel cam from Year One. While I have the wheel off, I'm going to lube the horn contact ring. Does anyone know an easier way to remove and install that big "C" clip? Also is there a certain orientation that it has to be placed back into? I'm thinking it needs to face the left side by the cam but correct me if I'm wrong.
9:00 position.

Back