For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300-440 4speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright since nobody else will I'll pinch the pics for posterity.

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.001.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.002.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.003.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.004.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.005.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.006.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.007.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.008.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.009.jpg

1968 Chrysler 300 2DR Hardtop 4spd.010.jpg

I think his asking price is fair.

Very nice. I would LOVE to see it with the correct burl-wood console shifted four speed. Like @cbarge says, it WAS available, but rare. I adore the burlwood consoles that were available in 68 Chryslers. Simply gorgeous.

4-speed wasn't available on 1968 Chryslers. It was on the 67s however. There is a TSB on that fact you couldn't order one in 68 I've seen. Might have been halfway through 67 production.

They in deed did offer the option in 1968.. In 1975 I attempted to purchase a 1968 New Yorker with the factory 440 HP Four speed, disc brakes,Road wheels, console/Tach with Buckets. It had 40k on it, and The elderly Gentleman was the original owner.
He wanted $800.00 for it. Unfortunately Being in the Military at the time I could not react soon enough to buy it.

They in deed did offer the option in 1968.. In 1975 I attempted to purchase a 1968 New Yorker with the factory 440 HP Four speed, disc brakes,Road wheels, console/Tach with Buckets.
I'm a skeptic. In this case I want to see pictures. A 4-speed New Yorker????

I'm a skeptic. In this case I want to see pictures. A 4-speed New Yorker????
45 years later, unlikely a picture. I drove the car, but it is not Important that there are doubters. Remember when guy after guy swore Mopar never made a four door hemi coronet. They were also wrong. My Brother was a sales manager at Husker dodge in Omaha in 1968, and he made it clear that you could indeed order about anything you wanted back then. That particular one was not the only one I have seen, In 1984 While in Phoenix I saw a station wagon in a junk yard, 1968 Newport with the four speed. It was worth nothing to anyone at the time.
Mopar also has no records of a CE23L7 Bare bones newport with the 440HP engine, but I own one, and have had it since 1998. It is also Manual steering, no A/C, Gold with Black painted top only.disc brakes with 15 inch wheels.

Never say never with Mopar. I know of a 68 Fury VIP 440HP 4-speed with Air which wasn't supposed to be made. But there is factory documentation that the 4-speed wasn't available on the 68 Chryslers. Galen's latest version of his White Books has good production numbers on the 1968 C Bodies and he doesn't have any 4 speed 68 Chryslers listed. So I'd like to see proof that car was made/existed.

After looking at the pictures again I respectfully disagree. A car at the top of its price would not have multiple splits on the drivers seat.
So offer $18,500, I still think it’s a fair asking price.

[QUOTE="hergfest, Galen's latest version of his White Books has good production numbers on the 1968 C Bodies and he doesn't have any 4 speed 68 Chryslers listed. So I'd like to see proof that car was made/existed.[/QUOTE]

If you believe any thing Galen says concerning C body's then I have a factory 69 Imperial station wagon available.

I know of a 61 300 wagon. :p

View attachment 347568
Yeah Mario and Will, but G.G. won't even come look at it 'cuz he knowz I keep the scatter gun loaded with #00 buckshot just for him. And I'd have to stick the barrel up that guyz butt to guarantee I got him in the head when I squeezed off the first round. Anything else I can say to let the world know what I think of him?

Yeah Mario and Will, but G.G. won't even come look at it 'cuz he knowz I keep the scatter gun loaded with #00 buckshot just for him. And I'd have to stick the barrel up that guyz butt to guarantee I got him in the head when I squeezed off the first round. Anything else I can say to let the world know what I think of him?

I feel like you may be holding back on us, Jer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back