1968 Fury Convertible Project

That 727 makes the 904 look like a model kit.

Excellent for you.......looks like you are making progress and having fun

The 904 is tiny compared to the 727, but then again its task is only to live behind 318s, not 383/440s. I've done a bunch of "neutral drops" in my time (like highschool / college, lol)....but never was able to destroy either.

Between 1983 and 1985 I ruined 18 transmissions. So many that I could pull one out and install another in 4 hours with the car on ramps and a hydraulic jack to raise the trans, by myself. Haven't wrecked one since

A record in stupidity. I wasnt rebuilding them. I was pulling them from the local yards

I did a lot stupid stuff then that I sure as hell wouldn't do now. Neutral drops are probably at or very near the top of the list,lol.

A record in stupidity. I wasnt rebuilding them. I was pulling them from the local yards
After a 1/2 dozen, you still didn't get the message?? No, seriously, that is insanity. Like in, if you keep doing the same thing over and over...

Posted via Topify using Android

That 727 makes the 904 look like a model kit.

Excellent for you.......looks like you are making progress and having fun

We are having fun for sure - of course nothing is ever as simple as it looks especially the first time around. I will say removing things to get the engine ready to pull was very satisfying. Every thing that came off felt like progress.

Hey RJ nice car, I love the project and progress so far! How do you like the coil over rear shocks? I was thinking of upgrading to those but I'm not sure if it would be overkill since I don't plan to tow or load it up to maximum capacity. Keep the pics coming, your progress is inspiring. I would also love to have a garage space like yours! :tongue3:

Wow! Great find on the car! Welcome to becoming a car person its a great addiction. My '68 convertible is a bit rougher than yours, mine is a factory big block car

How do you like the coil over rear shocks? I was thinking of upgrading to those but I'm not sure if it would be overkill since I don't plan to tow or load it up to maximum capacity.

I'm afraid I don't have much real world experience with them - the car only had one trip once it was deemed road worthy (to the drive-in) before we took out the engine.

Engine work begins

So we finally got some time to start taking apart the engine

rip 101313 064.jpg

rip 101313 066.jpg

rip 101313 067.jpg

rip 101313 068.jpg

rip 101313 071.jpg

rip 101313 072.jpg

We've never been inside a 45 year old engine before - it sure looks like it could use a good cleaning at least.

rip 101313 073.jpg

rip 101313 076.jpg

rip 101313 080.jpg

rip 101313 083.jpg

rip 101313 087.jpg

rip 101313 091.jpg

Back