1970 Dodge Dart "Sanchez"

A 440 (and maybe a Dana 60) and a paint job will turn into a very nice Dart.

Your singing my song. Even with 340/360 combos those little a body cars are pretty cool, but they are downright awesome with big block power. 383/440 power w/ beefed up 727, Dana 60 (definitely required behind the 440) with minimum of 3:55 gearing.....oh, and a "go" wing on the trunk deck, lol.

Ah so much time, so many ideas................so little money.

They built a couple of Hemi Darts at Hurst I think around 1968; room was reportedly made in the engine compartment by using a sledgehammer.

They built a couple of Hemi Darts at Hurst I think around 1968; room was reportedly made in the engine compartment by using a sledgehammer.
That is correct.
That's how you verify if it's a real Hemi Dart or Hemi Barracuda shipped over to Hurst as a body in white.
The cons can repo a data plate but they don't know about the hammer dent.
And it's NOT "Hemi Cuda" That's a different animal.

hrdp_1008_01_o+dick_landys+1968_dodge_dart.jpg

I had the pleasure to meet, shake his hand and talk to him.
I was leaving drool (and more) all over his Hemi Dart and ii said to him I wished my Dart was like that.
He said "well, let's take a look at your Dart"
Ever see a 19 year old kid have a near fatal heart attack?

These are the recollections I like to hear, some pics from the old days thrown in would be nice as well.
Oh, and how about some footage of the stand-up comedy act mentioned somewhere else ? :)

Pics??????
We didn't carry around credit card size digital camera phones in our pocket back then.
Plus, who knew 44 years later that would be an epic moment for the rest of your life....

I had the pleasure to meet, shake his hand and talk to him.
I was leaving drool (and more) all over his Hemi Dart and ii said to him I wished my Dart was like that.
He said "well, let's take a look at your Dart"
Ever see a 19 year old kid have a near fatal heart attack?

wOOOOW, You personally met Dandy Dick Landy?!, THAT is cool:notworthy:. He had a Charger and a Super Bee (?) didn't he??? No more guys like that these days.

The late '60s had to be THE greatest era to come of age in. Damn... the memories and what kids will never be able to experience now...

wOOOOW, You personally met Dandy Dick Landy?!, THAT is cool:notworthy:. He had a Charger and a Super Bee (?) didn't he??? No more guys like that these days.

I can also remember an A/FX 65 Coronet that still exists. The owner got the original rims from Landy's shop in the 90s. He was reportedly very helpful with the resto but also knew what the rims are "worth" for the owner. Was quite a business man as well.

Pics??????
We didn't carry around credit card size digital camera phones in our pocket back then.
Plus, who knew 44 years later that would be an epic moment for the rest of your life....

Same with me.........met and seen all the greats in the 60's & 70's. They were just ordinary racer's you could see at the race track...pretty much like you can today. Picture's..........ha ha. I've only had a digital camera for the last dozen years or so. Two divorces, moving around the world for 20 years, and my parents passed on...I'm at the mercy of my siblings begging for copies of pictures of my Dad's cars and even pictures they have of my cars. I'll have to dig into my brick.......I have recent pictures (last 10 years) of Grumpy Jenkins, Snake, Big Daddy, Cha Cha, etc.

Same with me.........met and seen all the greats in the 60's & 70's. They were just ordinary racer's you could see at the race track...pretty much like you can today. Picture's..........ha ha. I've only had a digital camera for the last dozen years or so. Two divorces, moving around the world for 20 years, and my parents passed on...I'm at the mercy of my siblings begging for copies of pictures of my Dad's cars and even pictures they have of my cars. I'll have to dig into my brick.......I have recent pictures (last 10 years) of Grumpy Jenkins, Snake, Big Daddy, Cha Cha, etc.

Holy crap!!....Big Daddy Don Garlits!!,.....got any pics with Sox & Martin???

Back