NOT MINE 1970 Fury GT

Well, for me, it doesn’t have to be 110. My AC goes on when it hits 78, so that covers most of the country.

Phoenix is hot but it’s a dry…oh forget it.

:rofl:

He wouldn't be embellishing if he lived here in Phoenix. We've had 34 days over 110 this summer. 14 days over 115!
Heat and cold dont bother me much to a point . I grew up in MN dealing with -30 and now in Idaho where summers can hit 105 . But I just don’t get living in Pheonix !

Back to the car at issue. It has been for sale since May. We all agree its a good price and a well done resto, why is it taking so long to sell? Is it just bad marketing?

Back to the car at issue. It has been for sale since May. We all agree its a good price and a well done resto, why is it taking so long to sell? Is it just bad marketing?
I agree,what gives here,does a non original engine merit a 50% discount?? Beautiful color

There was a pile of REALLY nice NOS parts (exhaust tips, tail lenses, finish panel, lip moldings, etc) that went with that car when Wyatt sold it.

I think its the lack of AC that's hurting it. If your buying a luxury classic car, you want Air. There was a 71 GT for sale locally years ago I was looking at, and I passed due to no Air. Not that I would really use it much, but it would hurt the resale down the road. You eliminate a whole section of buyers.

I'd be all over this because it's a realistic price for what the car is. Not the original engine, whatever. No A/C, that's a huge plus in my book. I don't use it any of my cars because none have an operating system, and I probably wouldn't even if one did.

If I had money falling out of my pockets, I'd have this and that 'Scruffy 69 Polara parked next to each other in my storage unit.

I don't use it any of my cars because none have an operating system, and I probably wouldn't even if one did.
even this?
charger.jpg

no dog in the fight on this one , cept as a fan of this car .. and ... "one in the barn" ('70 S/23) with a similar history I have to finish up. :)

Resized952021060495103342.jpg

The AC thing wouldn't factor into my hypothetical pursuit for this one. It never had it, right? I'd would know that going in and judge price accordingly on the rest of its merits otherwise, vs alternative comparables.

OTOH, if it had A/C but it was not working, and there's a top dollar ask for it, that would bug me a bit. Thats like selling a car needing an oil change .. WTF, change the oil first! Says "something" in my eyes about the seller. Again. not the case here.

For me, i'd put higher emphasis on original mills or not, vs no AC . Like others have said, I dont own 60 year old cars for their AC . I own new cars for that usage. In the old iron, that i dont daily drive or use in bad weather anyway, I just roll the windows down! :)

That said, i WILL get the AC operating, if my vintage sleds had it from factory, before selling them. I have found potential resale buyers DO tend to care about (value, expect AC to work, etc.,) that particular, major vehicle system no matter where they live. I agree with that thought.

Me as buyer, tho I do not care so much, I do price discount if AC is there but NOT WORKING even though, again, I dont tend to use it. Again i believe future owner(s) after me DO CARE about the AC status from my seller experience.

Anyway, I can see potential buyer(s) wanting AC IN THIS CATEGORY OF luxo-racer. Is this one "suffering" some transaction slowness because of that? Maybe. Other issues? Likely.

Its still very nice to me, lots more to like vs. not to like, so i hope it transacts for a fair price.

:)

Last edited:
It sold. Before I was approved to join the fakebook site.

I do agree that was a very good price.

It has been for sale since May. We all agree its a good price and a well done resto, why is it taking so long to sell? Is it just bad marketing?
100%
I had no idea it has been for sale at all. Not listed anywhere except apparently fakebook.
If I had known it was for sale since May it would have been up here in the mountains already.

I will say fakebook is a terrible place to sale a car as it does not reach the greater population. Only within the 250 or 500 mile range of where one has their fakebook AI tracker set at.
Or, if you are a member of one of the many thousands of groups and you actually monitor everyone of the sites every day a person might actually run across what they want.
It is very helpful when members here post cars for sale. That is a huge benefit to this single website. It's members.

It sold. Before I was approved to join the fakebook site.

I do agree that was a very good price.

100%
I had no idea it has been for sale at all. Not listed anywhere except apparently fakebook.
If I had known it was for sale since May it would have been up here in the mountains already.

I will say fakebook is a terrible place to sale a car as it does not reach the greater population. Only within the 250 or 500 mile range of where one has their fakebook AI tracker set at.
Or, if you are a member of one of the many thousands of groups and you actually monitor everyone of the sites every day a person might actually run across what they want.
It is very helpful when members here post cars for sale. That is a huge benefit to this single website. It's members.
Not marked sold yet, but then again it is FB. I’m sure it will be back soon at a 50% markup. A lurker here probably got caught up in all the “good price” commentary and thought they could make some money on a quick flip.

I saw a post that had the GT on a trailer and heading to it's new home.

Back