1970 Fury Snapper

yup....

snapper.jpg

I found this 70 very early car, and it’s optioned like a Snapper. Pilot-Snapper?

D071E7DC-1579-4CE0-B635-EE40D03E6C61.jpeg

I found this 70 very early car, and it’s optioned like a Snapper. Pilot-Snapper?

View attachment 186709

very interesting for sure.
It is the first time I see a V1Y tortoiseroof on a 70 Fury.
Usually just the Chryslers got it in 1970.
The Plymouths had a V1G gatorroof available.
Colour matches, too.

No special VON though. SPD is very early with 6th.august 1969

I think the Snapper was a '69 only deal to generate sales. In '70 the similar promo was the S/23

CE43E5B1-ECB7-47C2-9367-72C51426BD81.jpeg
very interesting for sure.
It is the first time I see a V1Y tortoiseroof on a 70 Fury.
Usually just the Chryslers got it in 1970.
The Plymouths had a V1G gatorroof available.
Colour matches, too.

No special VON though. SPD is very early with 6th.august 1969

It’s an early car, 726 car built and has some very unusual options, and odd dealer installed options.

Factory Tortoise roof, etc.

Has Broadcast Sheet.

It’s optioned like a 69 “Snapper”, headlight warming et.al.

Early test option car, etc.?

Last edited:
how do you come to the built date (726) vs the tag (608)?
Of course SPD is not firm and can always change but I would like to know how you come to your date.

Carsten

how do you come to the built date (726) vs the tag (608)?
Of course SPD is not firm and can always change but I would like to know how you come to your date.

Carsten

You have to know how to decipher the Broadcast Sheet and that will indicate the actual number of the car built on the line that day/sequence. It helps this is a very early car.

“Beep Beep Dave” and Kevin McCabe would be all over this one!

The Broadcast Sheet is paramount.

Last edited:
You have to know how to decipher the Broadcast Sheet and that will indicate the actual number of the car built on the line that day/sequence. It helps this is a very early car.

“Beep Beep Dave” and Kevin McCabe would be all over this one!

The Broadcast Sheet is paramount.

you didn't let us know you have got a broadcastsheet or shared it with us Trev.:poke::)

The Belvidere plant did it sometimes stamp a SPD which is not supposed to be there. While many plants start with an SPD of 801 on the tag even though the car was built earlier they sometimes used an earlier date like on my 69 SF vert (714).

Another interesting fact is that V1Y for 1970 was officially only available on Chryslers. And those were assembled in Jefferson ("C") only not Belvidere ("D"). So they probably used some leftover from the 69 modelyear.

Carsten

Last edited:
you didn't let us know you have got a broadcastsheet or shared it with us Trev.:poke::)

The Belvidere plant did it sometimes stamp a SPD which is not supposed to be there. While many plants start with an SPD of 801 on the tag even though the car was built earlier they sometimes used an earlier date like on my 69 SF vert (714).

Another interesting fact is that V1Y for 1970 was officially only available on Chryslers. And those were assembled in Jefferson ("C") only not Belvidere ("D"). So they probably used some leftover from the 69 modelyear.

Carsten

Thanks Carsten, thats good to know. I wasn;t aware of that.

Back