1972 Imperial Revival Thread

I am finishing the cooling system. You can find the correct style Corbin clamps at Ace Hardware, even the correct finish. I just need to remove the heater hoses from the heater box and transfer the new hoses on.

* The Auto Temp servo is on my list, don’t worry.*

I fired the engine up again and I let it idle with the radiator filled. The initial rinse resulted in a lot of sediment being removed.

78886697-F943-4CA2-9284-723AA1BCE857.jpeg

A6E6A7E4-6DE3-4263-85C9-F0C23DCD2AE6.jpeg

a friend of mine has a yellow rustfree 73 hood. He's located in Albany OR, says $200 take it if you arrange shipping. Pm me anytime

a friend of mine has a yellow rustfree 73 hood. He's located in Albany OR, says $200 take it if you arrange shipping. Pm me anytime
Hard pass. Sorry. I have been to Albany and I know where that is. That’s 2200 miles from me. Shipping would be too much and I know what it would take to get it myself.

Hard pass. Sorry. I have been to Albany and I know where that is. That’s 2200 miles from me. Shipping would be too much and I know what it would take to get it myself.
No worries, I've been to his place the other day and looked at that parts car. The hood is gigantic. The hinges can probably lift up a fullsize truck. This car is oversized and overbuilt from the ground up but that makes it unique and desirable

Starting to clean up the brakes. The rotors will get a turn with an on-car lathe. I got new caliper pistons, square-cut seals, dust boots, hoses and pads.

05D89313-811F-4A07-BB5A-4B79C42FE049.jpeg

The engine compartment is basically back together, I just need to get more clamps for the fuel hose, add the carburetor bowl hose and order a power steering pump.

Sadly, the transmission cooler lines are porous, so I will have to get some 5/16” line, some fittings and bend it myself.

I still want to do engine mounts, and a trans mount as well.

07DDF605-A33B-4B86-9F23-175EB264013C.jpeg

518E12BC-27CE-4C58-99E4-363996E29239.jpeg

I would never consider using an on the car rotor lathe on a vehicle that I did not know when the last time that the wheel bearings were repacked/replaced. I service the wheel bearings on all my rear wheel drive cars and trucks every 30K. I just like the piece of mind, wheel seals and grease are cheap.

I would never consider using an on the car rotor lathe on a vehicle that I did not know when the last time that the wheel bearings were repacked/replaced. I service the wheel bearings on all my rear wheel drive cars and trucks every 30K. I just like the piece of mind, wheel seals and grease are cheap.

The wheel bearings are snug but not tight, there is no play and no noise. This car drove into the spot where it died, someone made this car undrivable and I am undoing what they did.

I just finished watching a training film on the operation. Great tool, but looks like easily broken by a lazy tech in a hurry. Will it work on rotors with adjustable bearing lash? Will it follow a warp or correct it?

Adjustable bearings should be serviced before using the tool as part of a brake job. They are hub centric and will eliminate any imperfections relative to the hub.

Murray Park has been a huge help. I got some parking lamps from him and I was able to say the front end lighting is 90% there. I still need to diagnose the headlamp doors not closing when the switch is turned off.

View attachment 572385
Maybe the headlight door issue is a relay. Murray Park supplied us with relay to go under the dash to get my 1974 Imperial headlight doors to close when switch turned off.

In the mean time, I worked on the exhaust. I got my midpipe in and installed, the muffler all clamped up and aligned properly, pics later.

Back