For Sale 1973 winnebago Indian

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda hunter

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 winnebago - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

This winne is in pretty decent shape. Has most everything with the exception of the generator and batteries.
Was registered in 2009. Almost had it running. Needs a stronger battery.
Has a 413 mopar motor with an automatic transmission.
Has a title as well.
Interior in very decent shape.
Will come stocked with all kinds of r.v. stuff. spare parts for just about everything. Has a tool kit in it. just has a ton of stuff that stays with the vehicle.

The Big Block 413 would make a great motor for a hot rod.

And it fits on a flat bed.
gotta take the whole thing for the motor!

20170507_135428.jpg

20170507_143321.jpg

20170507_143350.jpg

20170713_183426.jpg

20170713_184256_HDR.jpg

20170713_184312.jpg

Feels Like a bargain but for a narrow audience. Good luck finding new homes for all the vehicles you’ve posted.

I think Narrow is an understatement.
thanks for the luck though, I'll need it.

The 413 would be the truck version with the wierd water pump,angled spark plugs and water jackets in the cylinder heads. Built for low end torque,has low compression ratio. The transmission will be cable shifted and have a short tailstock.
Both not exactly car friendly as is without modifications.

It would be a shame if the vital organs get donated to another project.
Very cool and Retro,but as mentioned a narrow niche market.

The transmission will be cable shifted and have a short tailstock.

But that wouldn't be a cable shifter like the '65 and earlier that mates to the the trans? Correct?

About 23'
Plus the spare tire on rear.
23'6".

The question is, do you like it enough.

But that wouldn't be a cable shifter like the '65 and earlier that mates to the the trans? Correct?
Correct.
Not sure if the length of the cable though.
I suspect RV specific in length but could be wrong.

I know a guy up here that has a gold one. I think a 72. He drives it all over America. He almost bought this one from me but he has 3 already so he passed.
It would only take a little bit for it to be ready for cross country.
Tires are out dated. But hold air fine. But wouldnt drive em across the states without fresh date codes.

I like it too, but the whole camping thing isn't for me anymore.

A tent and air mattress on the ground is camping John. This is RV'n. It's perfect for Carlisle. Will fit on a vendor space. With this unit one could tow a car for the show and have the best of both worlds. Accommodations on site, private bathroom, cooking facilities, A/C. All for a fraction of the cost of a motel room.

It's in Colorado. right in the middle. We don't get rust up here so that's why this thing is pretty well preserved.

Not that narrow of an audience at all. Narrow in it's current location. Would be gone RFN in my area. Between the car guys, hipsters and people that can't afford housing here.

I would love to have it. And the wife would only hate it until we went to the beach. She wants to try rving. But I doubt Ill ever have one. Time and space dependent. I could park it on the side of my garage and have it rented out at $800 a month in one day. Well in that case two days. I'd pull the 413 on the first day.
I have some great motorhome motor stories already. Hope to have even more.

[QUOTE="Rustyrodknocker, I'd pull the 413 on the first day.
I have some great motorhome motor stories already. Hope to have even more.[/QUOTE]

That would be a terrible waste. Right up there with rapeing a nice C body for its power train to use in some rusty B/E body. There are Vintage R/V and motorhome clubs that would welcome a coach like this. Minor mechanics and a serious cleaning and your off on a adventure with the "Tin can tourists". And for not much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back