1976 auto temp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really love them I'll take them off a send them to you. Maybe your new hunny would like a nose ring. All I can say about them is at least there mopar scoops after that uggggg!!!!! After I fix the air I'll see how much it will be to close up the holes.

Cool car, congrats. It's all personal taste but the scoops on a formal are not my taste.

Plenty of room for turbos though.

I would remove the hood scoops......they don't look correct on a NYB no matter what color they are painted.

If you really love them I'll take them off a send them to you. Maybe your new hunny would like a nose ring. All I can say about them is at least there mopar scoops after that uggggg!!!!! After I fix the air I'll see how much it will be to close up the holes.

Don't let it get to you .. it's part of the culture here

Don't let it get to you .. it's part of the culture here

Don't worry I have a thick skin. I was a union official for years and got yelled at for years from both sides. I'll do what ever I want it is my car after all. The scoops are there just to cover the holes for now. I might paint them white just to see what it looks like. The car is not correct as we know because someone put a stick in it. lmaof!!!!!!!!!

I just found some additional info on the amps.
The P/N is 3441553 and the application says 71 - 78. Sounds like the M-B ones will work.
I do know Brad's NOS has a new one for $175. You better buy it if you want it because I'm thinking about it myself.
I'll let you have first shot at it.

Mr. C: is the M-B amp the same as the Mopar amp?

I have compiled a list of the M-B P/N's for the amp:

33cbtaq.jpg

Commando,
Mercedes used Chrysler Autotemp, both the Fusey and Formal systems for many years of their production, the "Benz" stuff is bolt on replacement for Chrysler Autotemp- same system, different car. I've often thought about taking my Imperial to an MB dealer to get the Autotemp II working, they probably know the system better than Chrysler.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great car. Stan tell me why you sold this and how much did you get to enjoy it before you did?

Stan tell me why you sold this and how much did you get to enjoy it before you did?
When I decided to "go Formal", I was looking for a Salon (silver 4 dr. hardtop). The 2 dr. grabbed my attention though and I bought it. After I rebuilt the engine, an old recurring desire that I had for many, MANY years was for a 4 speed luxury car. A gentleman's muscle car so to speak. God gave us a left leg for a clutch!! After the engine rebuild it just sort of $nowballed.
After eleven months of a damn near impossible conversion, the only major item left on the to-do list was the interior. And then this Salon wannabe came along. It was a once in a lifetime car for me. Little old lady. One owner ordered new, blah, blah, blah. So I jumped on it. Problem: I only have the room, the means, and Permission (LOL) for ONE car at a time. So, I took it on the chin big time and off it went with tears in my eyes. Happy ending to the story, though. I LOVE my car, it's a keeper, and the car is still in good and appreciative hands.

Bottom line, it all started because of a noisy, lifter.....

Last edited:
Hey Stan,
Brad sold it already.I guess I'll be getting a Mercedes one. I think you should have put in an 6.1 into the 2 door or maybe I will. hmmm!!!!

Hey Stan,
Brad sold it already.I guess I'll be getting a Mercedes one. I think you should have put in an 6.1 into the 2 door or maybe I will. hmmm!!!!
That was one of my plans. My local yard had a 5.7 out of a Ram with low mileage.
I started researching the computer hassles and when I found out a ECM and harness was a couple grand at the time, I said forget about it. I believe they are a little cheaper now.

So I get down on my knees and find the ac amp and its held in by 3 white plastic somethings. How do they come apart? I don't need to break anything so I thought I'd ask the experts.!!!!!!

That was one of my plans. My local yard had a 5.7 out of a Ram with low mileage.
I started researching the computer hassles and when I found out a ECM and harness was a couple grand at the time, I said forget about it. I believe they are a little cheaper now.
Has anybody stuck a gen 3 in a C body? Maybe I'll be the first. That would be kinda cool.

Stan, the computer from that RAM wold have been the best one to use anyway. I think you can get one for $500 & the harness was like $750.

I have been in the srt 8's and they are fun to drive.

I just picked up a new amp for a Mercedes for 162 bucks shipped to me. I hope between the controller and vacuum parts it should work.

Wi,
My buddy bought the red boat and is in the process of putting a blown and injected BB chev in it. I hope get a ride in it by fall.

Has anybody stuck a gen 3 in a C body? Maybe I'll be the first. That would be kinda cool.

Stan, the computer from that RAM wold have been the best one to use anyway. I think you can get one for $500 & the harness was like $750.
That's $1250...

And thirteen hundred bucks is still whack in my opinion.

I have been in the srt 8's and they are fun to drive.

I just picked up a new amp for a Mercedes for 162 bucks shipped to me. I hope between the controller and vacuum parts it should work.

The damn thing was working perfectly when it left here. It would freeze your cajones off. I hate ATC II !!!
Hope it cures the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back