1978 NYB New Engine.....

I have the MSD spark plug wire separators and was wondering if anyone had an idea of what brand of wire brackets I could use to keep the wires off the exhaust manifolds.

Pretty close....

The engine builder provided chromed stamped steel valve covers that I'm going to leave on the engine.
That is certainly gonna shock people when you pop the hood of an old man's car lol.

While the engine is out, I'd like to talk to you about how it will make putting in a hydraulic clutch simpler...:)

That is certainly gonna shock people when you pop the hood of an old man's car lol.

While the engine is out, I'd like to talk to you about how it will make putting in a hydraulic clutch simpler...:)

Lol. I'm thinking I'll stick with the 727 and a stall converter.

I know some people won't be happy....

And you already know what my response will be....so here are the latest developments.

Aluminum water pump housing and Mopar Performance high volume water pump.
33544.jpeg

Sorry, not exactly done.

I still have to install the remote power steering reservoir and fabricate the steering hoses when I install the engine.

Bob, I'm really into this now. I know where you're coming from. There are cars where the purism be dammed. Wanting it well done and professionally executed. Exactly the same as when I started the 4 spd project. Dammit, I'm even thinking you could supercharge it.
Great work so far.

Done!

3 hours and...
Ain't it sweet when it's OUT of the car, lol?

Last edited:
Bob, I'm really into this now. I know where you're coming from. There are cars where the purism be dammed. Wanting it well done and professionally executed. Exactly the same as when I started the 4 spd project. Dammit, I'm even thinking you could supercharge it.
Great work so far.

Ain't it sweet when it's OUT of the car, lol?

If this car was a Sport Fury GT...I wouldn't be doing this.....but it's a $2500 1978 New Yorker and probably the last car that I will put this amount of effort and money in to.

Back