2018 Hurricane Season... looks like the fun is begining...

What is the most important item in your hurricane survival kit?

• Beer

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Condoms

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ammunition

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Cigarettes

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
I rode out Fran in 1996

We rode out Bertha that same year. We boarded up the house and went inland (about 20 miles) to a B&B in Supply, NC. I've now been through three tropical storms and the one hurricane, and the amount of rain that these storms put down is what is amazing to me.

Well, I'll be here awhile I guess, I have 5 gallons of gas, a Weber BBQ and a six pack of water. I'll be good. :thumbsup:

I’ll be riding this one out too. I’m about 5 minutes from the coast line and a river runs behind my building . They are evacuating most of the county - and everyone on base is leaving except emergency personnel - aka me :rolleyes: kinda got the short end of the stick.

Well, I'll be here awhile I guess, I have 5 gallons of gas, a Weber BBQ and a six pack of water. I'll be good. :thumbsup:

Ya gonna need more than that. News is saying the Barrier islands will be under water & a 12-15 foot storm surge several miles inland. Low areas even worse. The storm surge may take several days to peak. Especially when the open the Damn at Falls Lake in Raleigh to take pressure off it.

I’ll be riding this one out too. I’m about 5 minutes from the coast line and a river runs behind my building . They are evacuating most of the county - and everyone on base is leaving except emergency personnel - aka me :rolleyes: kinda got the short end of the stick.
I can just see you doing fence line patrol at night in your convertible in the driving rain.

Ya gonna need more than that. News is saying the Barrier islands will be under water & a 12-15 foot storm surge several miles inland. Low areas even worse. The storm surge may take several days to peak. Especially when the open the Damn at Falls Lake in Raleigh to take pressure off it.
12 feet, i need a surfboard. :poke:

A friend of mine is fireman in Charleston, I haven't had the chance to talk to him, but I imagine his wife and kids are leaving and he will have to stay. Stay safe.

My thoughts are going out to Jer and his beloved wife Gail who have no choice but to ride out this storm in their Homestead. Check in often, Jer.

That sounds really bad... you fella's take care of yourselves up there.

Our daughter is living in the path of Florence.
About 3 miles off the coast just north of Mrytle Beach.
A number of residence have chosen not to leave which I don't agree with and our daughter is one of them...:(
I hope she's changed her mind...

two_atl_2d0.png
032641_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
032641WPCERO_sm.gif

9/12 - Looks like they still think the Wilmington area will be the target. I saw one map calling for a 6-10' storm surge from Sunset Beach up to Southport, and 10-15' from Carolina up to the Morehead area. @Yeahrightgreer you better have your waders ready if you have to hang around for the party.

Back