2018 Hurricane Season... looks like the fun is begining...

What is the most important item in your hurricane survival kit?

• Beer

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Condoms

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ammunition

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Cigarettes

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
We just had Gordon stop by all weekend. Everything is starting to get back inside it's banks.
The flooding will be bad from Florence.

So without any question...Human life, property, access to food, pets, healthcare, energy, etc... overall safety is highest, highest priority...But, anyone fathom the damage to our collectible old iron sitting in low level storage doomed for extreme water damage in these areas? No time to move them to higher ground...wonder how many will perish? Even the daily drivers...
hurricane-florence-path-map-ht-mem-180912_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg
hurricane-florence-flooding-preparation.jpg

So without any question...Human life, property, access to food, pets, healthcare, energy, etc... overall safety is highest, highest priority...But, anyone fathom the damage to our collectible old iron sitting in low level storage doomed for extreme water damage in these areas? No time to move them to higher ground...wonder how many will perish? Even the daily drivers...
View attachment 212912 View attachment 212913
Wait 6-8 months they will be up your way, cheap and on used car lots. About the time all the wiring goes to green, they will be able to blame it on the saltl on the roads.

But, anyone fathom the damage to our collectible old iron sitting in low level storage doomed for extreme water damage in these areas?

One of my fathers' friends lives at the beach, maybe a 1/2 mile off of the beach, and has his prized 66'(?) 350 Shelby in his garage with the front end disassembled. I doubt that he had it moved. Hopefully this storm doesn't swamp him.

Thanks for those that ask. Our home in the middle of south side Wilmington proper. Thursday 9/13 @ 11:15... Cloudy W/ 15-20 mph windz and no rain YET. Predictions are for 20 to 30 inches of liquid sunshine between now and Sunday afternoon. Storm surge expected between 12' to 15 ' and we're 'bout 10" above that and about two milez inland. Power will be lost some time tonite for who knows how long. No place to go and no way to get there so here we sit.. Lotta spam 'n PB&J in our near future. Left the 10K generator plumbed into the Michigan Ponderosa when we sold the place in '14. Don't need that Fancy **** in sunny N.C Rite? Jer

Batten down the hatches Jer! What about your daughter’s family?

Hey Jer, I'll be surfing by your place tomorrow. :poke:
Winds are just starting to pick up now here. Cars are inside, I used some 2 x 4s to screw the doors shut. Batteries are disconnected. I put drop sheets on the cars in case the roof starts leaking. Not much else i can do. Luckily I'm on a flood free zone area.

Jer, thanks for checking in. Very concerned about you and the bride. We don't need this **** at this point in our lives, Right?

Their about a mile closer to the beach then we are and borrowed my two 5 gallon canz for backup filling their generator. I will say that our kid came by yesterday and took 'bout 25# of our C.A.B. to their freezer. (not sure what the freezer rental will be on that much cow lol)Grand Baby iz in Montevideo, Uruguay on a 6 months student exchange program and she's lovin' it. Don't expect to see her back in Wilmington 'til after December 10th I think. Mario can explain better what that C.A.B. stuff iz 'cuz he'z in the business but at least it won't end up in the land fill with rest of the fridge contents. Thanks for asking 'bout the family Matt and hi to yourz too, Jer

Last edited:
CatNip just gave my a shout, thankz Pal. Stan, thankz for the check in and no we do not. Bob, good thought but not quit that simple at our little Ponderosa and you would have no way of knowing this so I'll thro' it out. Our transportation needz require an EMS unit and a trailer for hauling the Hoyer for transfers(Cherry Picker for folks) That's been our life for several years and we deal with it az best we can, soooo? Take care Y'all. I'll check in when I can, Jer

Last edited:
Sorry Jer.......alcohol free.

View attachment 212936
O.K. Bob. You do know that fish make baby fish in that stuff Rite? I try to keep my water consumption down to purified wawa coming thru' my fridge ice cube maker for my Martinis or boiled az it's turned into coffee. If I want something made with hops my first chose would be St. Pauli Girl Lager NOT anything that the Busch folk call beer. If I stray from Martinis I alwayz keep a jug of Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey in the cupboard. Did I ever mention that Wilmington haz a fight going on down here with a company that been polluting the Cape Fear river for 40 yearz and that just happens to be the source of Wilmington's water supply iz? Molly Maid scrubs our potty's every other week to keep the Black AND Pink stainz at bay. Flint Michigan's got nothin' on we folks here in Wilmington Pal. Just sayin'

Why am I online so much today? I'm sitting in my room watching the weather out the window. It's starting to get interesting. Anyone else have some updates? Maybe @Yeahrightgreer since he has been given an umbrella and told to go on the roof of HQ at Camp Lejeune and is expected to report what he sees?

Not much happening here so far. A few mild bands of rain. A band of mild wind from time to time. Feels kinda nice. Compared to the killer humidity of recent weeks.

O.K. Bob. You do know that fish make baby fish in that stuff Rite? I try to keep my water consumption down to purified wawa coming thru' my fridge ice cube maker for my Martinis or boiled az it's turned into coffee. If I want something made with hops my first chose would be St. Pauli Girl Lager NOT anything that the Busch folk call beer. If I stray from Martinis I alwayz keep a jug of Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey in the cupboard. Did I ever mention that Wilmington haz a fight going on down here with a company that been polluting the Cape Fear river for 40 yearz and that just happens to be the source of Wilmington's water supply iz? Molly Maid scrubs our potty's every other week to keep the Black AND Pink stainz at bay. Flint Michigan's got nothin' on we folks here in Wilmington Pal. Just sayin'

As long as you have a reserve to work off of Jer. :thumbsup::usflag::thumbsup:

Just after 11 PM. Typical rain & wind bands up here. Nothing bad. They are both getting harder & more frequent. Looks like Wilmington is getting the Houston treatment as the storm has just parked itself right off shore.

Doc, I agree with everything you've said here... but that drowning was just to put that toyotachevy out of it's misery... I think the brochure said "It's like a Corolla, only crappier"
hurricane-florence-flooding-preparation-jpg.jpg

Back