3rd Annual Midwest C Body Car Show

You had to be there when I was driving and Michel riding shotgun when I opened up all 4 barrels on the 440. I think Michel had to chsnge his undies afterwards! When Medina came to life Michel grabbed the roof and held on for dear life! Medina does work well at top end with the duals cackling. Still needs some work but we had no time to sort it out. Main thing is the trans is working like it should.
Thanks to all involved.
Michel it is an honor to help and for someone who I never met before thanks for trusting me with Medina----and your life!! Lol!!
Cheers

OK folks, here are some of the photos I took. Unlike most folks, I started shooting my camera early (as I had to leave before lunch), so you'll see some cars that are not in the other shots. If anyone wants a high-def photo, please PM me -- I continue having issues with posting nice-def pics in the regular threads (no such issues in PMs or in the gallery).

I'll start with an overview. The blue Newport was for sale, brought in by locals who had heard about the meet. Nice folks, talkative. The car had too much rust (floors) for my taste at the $6.5k ask, but the engine ran well.

View attachment 298149

View attachment 298150

View attachment 298151

View attachment 298152

View attachment 298153

View attachment 298154

View attachment 298155
Hey myself the oldman and ma all in one pic cool. gotta love dads hat.

The blue Newport was for sale, brought in by locals who had heard about the meet. Nice folks, talkative. The car had too much rust (floors) for my taste at the $6.5k ask, but the engine ran well.

Well CM41M2C142655, the blue '72 Newport, is still for sale (see the CL ad). The price is down $700 on CL, but down $2k on All Collector Cars -- still too high IMHO.

CM41M2C142655 is apparently till for sale, now on eBay. Looks like the same seller. The starting price is $2.5k, i.e., $4k less than before -- with no reserve that I can see.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Whoever is selling this has changed the story of this car at least once.
Read the description of the car on eBay, then read the description about the car on the All Collector Cars link provided a couple of posts up.
One post says it's been in a field, the other post says it was in a barn...
Definitely some discrepancies.

The emission control label on that car sure seems oversize to me. The description on Ebay says the car was originally sold new in California but the emission label is green/white, which is a federal label. If it really were sold new in CA, the label would be blue/white.

The seller can't even get the video link correct in his ebay listing.

Last edited:
Back