WANTED 65 fury steering wheel or hub piece? WITH tilt- good shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiantmope1

Reaction score
Contact seller
I know this is a hard request, but here goes.

I need a steering wheel for my newly acquired tilt column for my 1965 Sport Fury. It is different from a non-tilt wheel in that the cancelling cam is a different animal on the back of the hub in the center.
I need a really nice driver or better, cracks ok, and would prefer black in color. At this point, I am looking at all options as this is a neat feature. of course, one year only I'm sure.

Murray Park tells me this, and he is totally out of them. He thinks there may be a piece that goes there instead, allowing me to use my non tilt wheel?? Anybody got any clues? Thanks in advance!

It can be done, I just put the "plunger" from my tilt wheel onto a non tilt wheel and it fit/works on the tilt column just fine. 65 Polara, by the way, so the same column setup. I will warn you that removing the plunger is a pain in the posterior as the retaining ring is way deep in the recess with no easy way to get hold of it. Not an exercise for one with blood pressure issues.

Thanks for the advice! Now i really need to find a core with that plunger in it. I have nothing but a nice non tilt wheel and a tilt column over here. Makes things easier though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back