65 Windsor resurrection

One of the things that I ran into during the repairs was the rubber steering joint. It was cracked and the doner cars wasn't much better. A solution and update is needed.

Screenshot_20220101-145200~2.png

That's where the Dodge Ram rod comes in. It's excessive length came in handy allowing me to cut it down to any length needed. Drilled new proper sized hole for the cross pin and TADA.

Screenshot_20220101-145138~2.png

Now the shortened rod doesn't have the machined step to use the 85 seal but the 65 didn't either so 65 seal it is. outer slider piece is 85 and so is the guts . Rag joint is 85 and so is it's hardware. The flange for the end of steering column is 85 . Again leave it to ma Mopar to still be cutting the same splines on parts 20 years later. Gotta love that . If I have a problem with the rag joint now I can source a replacement easily.

Screenshot_20220101-145108~2.png

That's pretty cool and good for a lot of people out there running these cars. Thanks for the link. I like the part where if it goes bad now pretty much anything out of the 70's or 80's can donate parts. I hope more parts for the c bodies get reproduced as these girls are great cruiser's and built to drive.

Back