$1500 Fury 1 near me

cdmcclellan71

Reaction score
I'm curious if you guys think this would be a good deal at $1500? It started up and was driven on and off of a trailer and parked where it sits 2 years ago.. the plan was to derby this car. It just seems way too good to derby.. underneath is solid but I haven't seen inside the trunk. I didn't get a picture of the fender tag unfortunately. It's a 3 on the tree, leaning tower of power, bare bones, low optioned. I didn't get to really check it out as well as I wanted as the gentleman was there and talking to me. It has rust in the quarters but not too bad..
Anyway, I was thinking it would be a nice little cruiser for around town at that price. Tune it, tires.. fix it as needed while I drove it.
Any thoughts on this ol' girl?

20231015_165358.jpg

20231015_165427.jpg

20231015_165319.jpg

20231015_165219.jpg

20231015_165228.jpg

Did you buy that '67 Monaco? Are you working on it?

Me personally I wouldn't want the Fury in the condition I see it in. Cracked windshield and garbage-condition dashpad and seats is a big downer. If you have the Monaco, put your efforts, time and money into that.

Score!
Offer 1200, clean it, twice. Drive it !
Pass it on when someone has more passion for it.
Total beater. Perfect. Even comes with the hardhat to go to work with.

I'd love to have a stripper like that, /6 and the 3 on the tree, I'd be smiling wheelin' it down the road. It would be a shame to derby it if it is as solid as it looks.

If someone derbies this car they will just take the slanty out and install a 350 cheby so it will be trashed regardless.

I didn't notice it was manual transmission. How durable is the column shifter? I've personally never seen a column-shifted manual trans in operation, I just can't imagine it being wrenched on constantly for gear shifting without breaking at some point.

This car also has manual brakes - and steering?

If you can afford to buy it please do, that's a unique ride that should be saved, even if you sell it to someone else. Where's Triple Pickle? He's been down this road.

Good Morning and Merry Christmas
Sit down with a cup of java (or your favorite beverage) with a legal pad and list the pros/cons. Do some research on the cost to fix what is known to be wrong/ how easy are parts obtained. What is your budget/timeline?
Should have no issues with the drive train (/6 are damn near indestructible, I've owned to many to count). The column mounted shifter is reasonably trouble free; again I've owed several. The worst problem I had was stripped bell housing bolts. Every time you depressed the clutch the bell housing would separate from the motor which would cause the shiftier to ' lock' between gears.
Manual steering/brakes just take some getting use to.
Personally, I would not shy away from it but then I like the odd balls. Keep in mind that you will probably be upside down with the cash you have spent. If there is a significant other they better be on board also.

Omni

Worth grabbing.
Rare beast and bare bones stripper to boot.
You just do not see them on the road anymore.
Definately a conversation piece.
Room for six and still get 21 MPG.

I didn't notice it was manual transmission. How durable is the column shifter? I've personally never seen a column-shifted manual trans in operation, I just can't imagine it being wrenched on constantly for gear shifting without breaking at some point.

This car also has manual brakes - and steering?
Very durable and when lubricated as part of maitenance, no issues.
Sure,you cannot speed shift or sidestep the clutch but it works as intended.
I know as I have my 73 Satellite Waygun with 3 on da tree!
Armstrong steering has a 20:1 ratio so it is arm over arm and the trick is keep rolling as you steer.
Once moving you dont notice it.

When I worked in Trenton, NJ in the early Seventies these were all over the place. Both the city and the state used them. Both sticks and automatics. And the city police and State Police used the 4 doors. I always wondered if they built any 440 2 door sedans and I was in Myrtle Beach, SC and one night walked past a 440 2 door sedan! I knew what he did for a living! How many gallons can you carry?! Anyway, if this wasn't so far away I think I would have it!

Back