$1500 Fury 1 near me

I'm curious if you guys think this would be a good deal at $1500? It started up and was driven on and off of a trailer and parked where it sits 2 years ago.. the plan was to derby this car. It just seems way too good to derby.. underneath is solid but I haven't seen inside the trunk. I didn't get a picture of the fender tag unfortunately. It's a 3 on the tree, leaning tower of power, bare bones, low optioned. I didn't get to really check it out as well as I wanted as the gentleman was there and talking to me. It has rust in the quarters but not too bad..
Anyway, I was thinking it would be a nice little cruiser for around town at that price. Tune it, tires.. fix it as needed while I drove it.
Any thoughts on this ol' girl?

View attachment 634356

View attachment 634357

View attachment 634358

View attachment 634359

View attachment 634360
Beautiful unique car its worth twice that much if you get title

Once you get both cars completely cleaned out and completely inspected, then it will be decision time. Two very unique and cool cars. Just don't let flipper get their hands on the one you are not doing. I envy you.

I'm curious if you guys think this would be a good deal at $1500? It started up and was driven on and off of a trailer and parked where it sits 2 years ago.. the plan was to derby this car. It just seems way too good to derby.. underneath is solid but I haven't seen inside the trunk. I didn't get a picture of the fender tag unfortunately. It's a 3 on the tree, leaning tower of power, bare bones, low optioned. I didn't get to really check it out as well as I wanted as the gentleman was there and talking to me. It has rust in the quarters but not too bad..
Anyway, I was thinking it would be a nice little cruiser for around town at that price. Tune it, tires.. fix it as needed while I drove it.
Any thoughts on this ol' girl?

View attachment 634356

View attachment 634357

View attachment 634358

View attachment 634359

View attachment 634360

I am kind of partial to stripper cars myself. Save it! I love the 2 door coupe roofline.
I drive a stripper 66 Newport. I love shifting it.

I have a black '67 Fury III convertible -LA 318, A727- that has been in my family since new. It was gifted to me in 1986. I Drive it a lot. Power steering.

I've added disc brakes, power booster, 4BBL Holley manifold and spread-bore carburetor [O-6210] (got rid of 2BBL flat spot off idle that persisted through several carburetors). MSD CD ignition. Cruise control. New 4-row radiator. Over 487.000 on original engine, rebuilt now [0.030, .010-.010, hard seats on exhaust], car has over 500,000 miles. Replaced 14" wheels with 15" Magnum wheels with G60-15 tires. Radio converted from just AM to AM/FM, Bluetooth, MP3. Looks completely stock, though. New speakers F/R.

My Dad would have had a fit! Not Stock! Recent upholstery (white) and new top (about a year ago). Unfortunately double-vinyl material for the convertible top is no longer available. Most of the changes occasioned spread over the last 8 years. Paint maybe next year. Not bad for over 55 years old.

I have gotten over 21 MPG on road trips. The car has been back and forth between East and Left Coast a few times, and from North border to South Border.

I get a LOT of positive comments on it, pretty rare.

All that said, I know that the ONLY way I will ever get my investment out of the car is to DRIVE it out. The BEST car you could ever own is the one you already have that's PAID for, that does what you want, and pleases YOU.

So, figure out if you can make it fit your needs for a budget you can handle, and have some long-term fun with it.

That car is the rarest of all Fury's because it's a post model, I have the same one and That one has the original interior, the original wheels and hubcaps, no A/C or clock on the dash, no power brakes, there drum all the way around and they are hard but they work, it might have power steering and if it does it will turn super easy, literally fling the wheel and car turns, just have your seatbelt on because the car has no sway bars but makes for real fun, the advertisement in the brochure says it carves the road, that was crazy, it's a boat but something about that is so much fun, it's not your everyday car, it takes skills and when taking off it rolls so easy and will cruise great on an open highway at 115 mph, it will make you feel like the king of the road because it's so big but yet so small compared to the highway, get it and get a gallon of WD40 and clean that sucker up before it's gone, and it will be there was one down here in really bad shape that sold for 1000 but it's good for that in parts.

My 2-door sedan, actually came with the factory front sway bar, I added a rear one, and eventually a power/drum booster and man it stops now! One bad thing tho, the 3 speed that year was non -synchro, I'd get a later one or a 4 speed and then, wider tires and hd shocks and you can really cruise.
km

New quesion:
Is this Fury worth $3k?
Evidently the owner's father was incorrect on the price. I just confirmed this.i haven't seen inside the trunk or under the car.

At that price there needs to be more info on the car. How about a trim tag.
If there is not a bunch of rust and everything looks sparkly, maybe. But, not for me. Not with the seen issues. But I am basing that on my personal taste and not market values. Plus, it's dirty as all get out. Needs a bunch of parts and definitely has some rust down low. Your gonna have to find the shining stars on this car to bring that value up that much. Let's see more pics. Will the motor start? Or turn over with a jump? Lots of questions for a double value question.

At that price there needs to be more info on the car. How about a trim tag.
If there is not a bunch of rust and everything looks sparkly, maybe. But, not for me. Not with the seen issues. But I am basing that on my personal taste and not market values. Plus, it's dirty as all get out. Needs a bunch of parts and definitely has some rust down low. Your gonna have to find the shining stars on this car to bring that value up that much. Let's see more pics. Will the motor start? Or turn over with a jump? Lots of questions for a double value question.
I would tend to agree. I'm annoyed by the situation quite honestly. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I'll think about it.

Yeah me too. The guy wouldn't even call me, I was just getting relayed information from his brother. I think he thinks I got too good of a deal on the Monaco and now he's upping the price on this? I don't know.. Anyway, it's a sign to walk away, at least for now. I've been polite.. maybe they'll come around down the road. I'm having rotator cuff surgery in 2 days so I'll be out of commission for awhile, so I have time to wait.

To clarify, this guy's father is the one I got the Monaco from.. and keep in mind, nobody knew of the condition inside the trunk and under the carpet, not too mention the engine is still in question. I took a little bit of a gamble or at least committed to the worse case scenario of an engine rebuild.

Back