66 dodge monaco fender tag breakdown and build sheet

Labradorian

Reaction score
I got this car from my father(original owner) 2years ago. It would be nice to have the the build sheet and I checked a various of locations, including under the rear seat and no luck. So I looked at the fender tag I got most of the info from the tag but unclear about couple of codes.

Here goes, Can someone please fill in the blanks. the fender tag pic is attached.

If it matters, this car was built in Canada. From what I can tell, I can not order a build sheet from Chrysler Canada as they never kept them on record. Chrysler USA did.

a6=Center console
b4=bucket seats
d6=??

A6 = 383 4bbl
B4= ??
C5=Torque Flite automatic transmission
E3=Cleaner air package
R1=Radio - AM Music master/ economy 2watt
T7=Tachometer
Y1=??? front licence plate?

SO NUMBER
429 = Schedule build date April 29, 1966
00372 = Shipping order #

BDY "DP27" = Polar-Monaco, Premium, Convertible

TRM "P4X" = Premium black Vinyl bucket seat interior.

PAINT "PP1B" PP1 = Bright RED, but what is the extra "B" for?

2015-08-15 23.47.32.jpg

2015-03-24 12.09.21.jpg

2015-03-24 12.13.16.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to say that the "B" is for a horizontal black accent stripe.
Y1 is your black convertible top.
d6 is probably rear seat speaker.

thanks detmatt

the car has no accent strip and as long as I can remember, never did. We have owned it since new. But then again, you could be right as I was born 4 years after my dad bought the car new. I will ask him, see if he remembers it coming with a stripe.

thanks again.

"B" could also be black upper door frame paint color if the car never had a stripe.

thanks, being a convertible, doesn't have upper door frame. Im assuming you are talking about part of the door around the window?

thanks

No, the metal area just above the door panel.

here's a couple of pics on the interior including the door panels. the door panels go right over the top of the doors.

2015-03-24 12.18.36.jpg

2015-03-24 12.09.50.jpg

Very cool car. Nice to have a car in the family for all those years!

thanks! yes it sure is. my parents got married in this car, i remember going on vacations in it. now I'm proud to own and maintain it.

cheers

thanks, yes it's interesting why they did that, I actually like the dash of the US monaco's more. it's even more interesting when troubleshooting electrical gremlins, I need a wiring diagram for a both a Monaco and a fury.

Cheers

here's a couple of pics on the interior including the door panels. the door panels go right over the top of the doors.
Of course they did, it's a Dodge. Then I'm going back to my first thought that it was an accent stripe or maybe it denoted stripe delete. Nice car btw.

Back