66 Fury Ball Joint Seals -HELP!

66/72RAB

Reaction score
Hello - wondering if anybody knows where you can purchase replacement ball joint seals (both lower and upper) for a 66 Fury? I don't need to replace the entire ball joint, just the seals. Appreciate any suggestions, thanks.
Fury resize.jpg

Hello - wondering if anybody knows where you can purchase replacement ball joint seals (both lower and upper) for a 66 Fury? I don't need to replace the entire ball joint, just the seals. Appreciate any suggestions, thanks.View attachment 72002
That is a new one for me... IDK of anyone selling that way... if your sure the joints are ok, because IF you can find just the boot your already half way to replacement. I would try a manufacturer like moog... I'm sure they have some kind of tech/customer service line But I would be more inclined to just replace the joint.

With all you have to remove to replace the seal, I would replace the whole ball joint. Man that Fury is just to pretty to take a chance.

Thanks for the reply's. I think I found some from a company called Prothane. I guess I will find out. The ball joints have been previously replaced and are in good shape. My winter project was to replace control arm bushings and I ripped the existing boots getting the front end apart.

I bought the one's listed from summit for my 73 Plymouth disc brake conversion and they fit perfectly. ordered them Monday got them Tuesday. the yard must have discarded them when they took the parts off.

I converted all the grease seals in my '69 NY to poly ones when the rubber ones were failing left and right. They are infinitely more durable, and even come in black. I highly recommend both the Prothane and Energy Suspension boots.

The Prothane boots worked well. The uppers were perfect the lowers were the right diameter, but I had to trim them height wise.

Back