66 fury III 2 door hardtop needs a front end

Ordered my quarter panels patches today. Should see them next week he said. Then it's time to do some cutting and welding!

I have a complete front grill including the headlight doors and lower trim bar. It is in near perfect condition with the headlight doors being re-anodized and the grill polished but left original. If interested contact me via rooftyf@gmail.com

Been quite awhile since I have provided an update. The passenger side is really close to being ready for primer. We need to patch the bottom of the door as it is rusted out. Here are the latest pictures of the side. I have still been tied up in getting my boat ready for the year so the Fury has taken a back seat for the last month and will for probably the next month.

Once the boat is done, we will be back to working on the Fury through the week nights and boating on the weekends. Here are the pictures.

20150405_170708.jpg

20150405_170713.jpg

Great workmanship! Keep the progress and the pictures coming!

Personally, they were very good for the price. I little thinner than we would have wanted, but they were pretty spot on in terms of the trim crease. They did need a good bit of massaging to blend in but that was going to happen if we decided to make our own or buy these. Compared to what my quarters looked like before and what they look like now I am very happy with the results.

I will turn the question around. How do you think they look?

After a long delay I will be getting back to this in August. I bought a new compressor and need to upgrade the electric in my work shop. It has been rainy or super hot. I plan on getting that completed in the next week or so. Then back to the grind. I am hoping to have this thing in primer by the end of September.

I would be interested in finding out where you got them from. I need to order a set for my 66 Sport Fury convertible.

Finally getting back to this beast. I spent the last 4 days getting the garage in a much better working shape. It became my dumping ground over the last couple months. I am waiting on the electrician to upgrade the service to my garage so we can run the new compressor. In order to clean out the garage I had to pull the car around the front of the house. Man does it sound good! Gives me a bit more motivation to get this thing finished!

How would I go about getting the grill and other trim polished back up to a nice shine? Does it need re-anodized or just some good elbow grease?

I thought that the car had been put back together because I remember your post some time back. I have the entire front grill left to right in immaculate condition. If interested let me know.

Finally getting back to this beast. I spent the last 4 days getting the garage in a much better working shape. It became my dumping ground over the last couple months. I am waiting on the electrician to upgrade the service to my garage so we can run the new compressor. In order to clean out the garage I had to pull the car around the front of the house. Man does it sound good! Gives me a bit more motivation to get this thing finished!

How would I go about getting the grill and other trim polished back up to a nice shine? Does it need re-anodized or just some good elbow grease?
Lets see the grille and we can tell if it is pitted or not, being anodized all you can do is use some polishing compound and start hand buffing, see how it comes up. If the anodizing is worn through then buying another one would most likely be cheaper to do.

Well we are slowly back at it. We removed the front windshield and rear window this week. I am organizing the tools and stripping the car of the rest of its paint tomorrow.

Paint is pretty much gone except for a few tight places. We are patching up some rust spots around the rear pillars. Then onto the driver side quarter panel.

Things are moving along even with the holidays. The pillar metal work is done and we are getting that area all faired out. Next project is the quarter panel and the driver side door. From there, we will get the roof worked in and then we can prime this SOB. Hopefully by Feb we are looking to paint!!!

Things are moving along even with the holidays. The pillar metal work is done and we are getting that area all faired out. Next project is the quarter panel and the driver side door. From there, we will get the roof worked in and then we can prime this SOB. Hopefully by Feb we are looking to paint!!!

I just read through your thread... wow, nice work. Are you still going green, or have you decided on a new color?

It will be the same green but with some pearl added to it. I am still not 100% sure on the hood yet. Might leave it matte black.

Back