'68 Newport fuel lines/vent

Metalmarty

Reaction score
Hi all

I've installed a new 2 vent gastank in my '68 newport and I'm figuring out the fuel line routing.
I only have a hardline running through the passenger side of the frame.
It looks like the drivers side also had a hard line running through it, but that's not there anymore.

What line is supposed to go where.
Is the fuel outlet of the tank supposed to go to the front of the car on the drivers side?
And the vent tube to the passenger side?
Or the other way around?

And how is the fuel line routed from the front of the frame to the fuel pump?

I can't find the frame fuel line routing in my '68 Chrysler FSM...
I can only find this picture.

3748023-dscn273628custom29_zpsbf24cbe3-jpg.jpg

lines-jpg.jpg

I just replaced all this on my 67 Monaco after installing a new-ish tank. It’s pretty much the same I think. The two vents pictured, the short one clips to the crossbar that the shock tops mount to just above the front of the tank. The long goofy one enters the trunk via the first grommet, snakes up the left wheel arch and attaches there and then vents back under the car via grommet no. 2. My hard line runs up the passenger side, clipped to the inside of the flange under the sills. From there it runs through the passenger side frame and then I used rubber hose to plumb it to the fuel pump and the original hard line to take it to the carb. I could take some pictures of my routing tomorrow if that would help. If more or less follows the original pipe pathway.

The rh rocker panel line ends at the rear of the front stub frame. It attaches to the stub frame line with a short section of fuel line hose. The stub frame line continues to the fuel pump inlet. The fuel pump outlet bends and goes to the fuel filter, with a short piece of fuel line hose joining them together. Then another short section of fuel line attaches to the hardline that goes to the carb fuel inlet. That's how my '66 Newport, '67 Newport, and '70 Monaco Brougham are . . . all 383s. Pretty much normal Chrysler configurations for C-bodies, from what I've seen over the years. Of course, hose clamps as needed.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back