68 Polara 2d HT rear Package Tray help

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am struggling finding a good quality used or re pro package tray.
This is the hardboard piece that sits above and behind the rear seat (P/N 1304DX8) and typically rotted from the rear window leaking, or dry rotted due to the heat.
Per my research they are interchangeable between the Chrysler 2d HT (C Series E,L,M,H - Newport , 300, New Yorker), the Dodge 2d HT ( D series K,E,T,L,H - Polara / Monaco), and the Plymouth VIP Fast-top and the Sport Fury Fast-top (P Series P,S).
I looked in the Legendary Catalog but only see a listing for 68 Fury III (Fast-top) - per the parts manual the Fury III is different from the Sport Fury and VIP.
Maybe there are some Plymouth guys out there to set me straight.
If no real source, does anyone have measurements. Mine came out warped and in pieces.
Thank you

I bought a repro unit for my '67 4DSD from a seller on eBay called musclemaniac.

They did list several other years and models. Might be worth a look.

It was made by REM.

Hope the input helps.

John

I bought a repro unit for my '67 4DSD from a seller on eBay called musclemaniac.

They did list several other years and models. Might be worth a look.

It was made by REM.

Hope the input helps.

John
Thank You,
I didn't find musclemaniac, but I did find carpartjim on E-bay that had one listed for 67 / 68 Monaco 2dr ht. Per my parts manual it should be the same. Not sure who the maker is, but I can pick the color and they will make it.

Thank You,
I didn't find musclemaniac, but I did find carpartjim on E-bay that had one listed for 67 / 68 Monaco 2dr ht. Per my parts manual it should be the same. Not sure who the maker is, but I can pick the color and they will make it.

Looks like they are no more
musclemaniac on eBay

Alan

Well that's interesting.

I'm going to guess that the one you did find will come from REM.

Hope it works out for you.

John

Thank You,
I made one up myself out of hardboard for the Monaco that looks "OK" but I'd like to hear your feedback on the quality of this item when you get it. Thanks.

67 68 Dodge Monaco 2 Door Hardtop Package Tray Standard

Hmmm that's interesting, my Monaco had jute and a perforated metal tray.

'67 was one year only flow thru ventilation.

Yet another reason that makes them far more valuable than any other car out there.

Mmm, yeah, right.

John

Well I just ordered one on E-bay from Carpartjim. I will keep you posted on what I get and what it looks like.

R.E.M. customer service responded to my e- mail:
"We do have a tray under the 67/68 Fury description the part number as follows FUR-PTR-060 for standard (no Speakers) or FUR-PTS-055 with 2 speakers. You may order that through Vans or Dante's Mopar parts. We are the manufacturer and only sell through vendors."
I didn't find the Fury one in either of these store's. Actually I couldn't find Vans, and had no idea as to what Fury they were referring to.

On another note I just realized that in my parts manual there is no package tray listed for a 500 (D-M) must have the steel one mentioned above?

Thanks all for your comments. I will try to get some pictures and comments posted when I receive it.

Well I just ordered one on E-bay from Carpartjim. I will keep you posted on what I get and what it looks like.

R.E.M. customer service responded to my e- mail:
"We do have a tray under the 67/68 Fury description the part number as follows FUR-PTR-060 for standard (no Speakers) or FUR-PTS-055 with 2 speakers. You may order that through Vans or Dante's Mopar parts. We are the manufacturer and only sell through vendors."
I didn't find the Fury one in either of these store's. Actually I couldn't find Vans, and had no idea as to what Fury they were referring to.

On another note I just realized that in my parts manual there is no package tray listed for a 500 (D-M) must have the steel one mentioned above?

Thanks all for your comments. I will try to get some pictures and comments posted when I receive it.

Sounds like it might work out for you.

Here's a link to Van's eBay store:

Clips Fasteners, Gas Tank Sending Units items in Vans Auto LLC store on eBay!

They have a large selection of stuff for our cars.

Hope the input helps.

John

I am struggling finding a good quality used or re pro package tray.

I looked in the Legendary Catalog but only see a listing for 68 Fury III (Fast-top) - per the parts manual the Fury III is different from the Sport Fury and VIP.
Maybe there are some Plymouth guys out there to set me straight.
I can't say on the other cars, but I would believe the FIII would have a straight back seat, while the SF would have the dipped center, and would apply for both Fasttop and regular 2dr hardtop. Not sure on the VIP. Generally the dipped-seat cars of 65-68 have a molded fiberglass or molded hardboard tray with a lot of features/slopes in it.

Did the 68 Fury III have a fastback option? The regular hardtop looks to have a much shorter window ledge / package tray area than the fast tops (Called hardtops on the Dodge version) thus the package tray would not be deep enough. Although I always wondered about the cut out in the Vip's. My assumption was that the package tray still went straight across and was trimmed out with the molded fiberglass. I have not spent a lot of time around Fury's
I wish I could find a photo collection that would have the Fury's and Polara's lined up focusing on the back interior.
If anyone has pictures they want to share with me on the back seats and package trays of 2 door 67 -68 Polara / Monaco and Fury's, I would be interested (Fast top and hard top)
Thank you

Yes, the 67-68 Fury III's had the fastback roof...many more were fastbacks in 68 if I remember correctly. I currently own a 68 Fury III hardtop (not the fastback), photos below. I use to own a 68 Monaco 500 but don't have any photos its package try...sorry.

IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic's, hopefully my new one should arrive in the next day or so.....
Meanwhile I did find a picture of my original before I tore it out. I took a lot of pics during dis-assembly, but it seems I can never find the right ones.
IMG_1135.JPG

'67 was one year only flow thru ventilation.

Yet another reason that makes them far more valuable than any other car out there.

Mmm, yeah, right.

John

my fury has the same thing. perforated metal tray and hoses in the trunk. Vacuum switch on the dash

dont think it adds much value... lol

Received my package tray today, looks great. As someone commented earlier it is from REM. Depth looks perfect. Color? It perfectly matches the seat vinyl samples, but for some reason I seem to remember it being a darker maroon, ( must have been sun fading and a fading memory from over 30 years ago). The only thing I noticed is that the speaker cutouts are further away from the center on new one vs the old. Again I will blame it on being the first month of 68 build, so maybe my original package tray is from 67. Looking at pictures of my speaker cutouts, maybe speakers wouldn't have matched the cutouts in the original (The AM radio only had one speaker in the front). Also based on my tear down pictures, I believe there was a vinyl trim stitched on the edge. The edge was so deteriorated that only the vinyl remnants remained. And yes my plastic parts are dry rotted. (anyone have seat hinge covers for a split back front seat)

Here are pics.
IMG_4159.JPG
IMG_4160.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG
IMG_4164.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG

Back