70 300 'Vert WIW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm going to go look at this 300 as soon as the guy gets home from work. I really don't want another project right now but it's a Fusey Convertable! Anyway it is supposedly 100% rust free and straight. Been sitting since 2009 and doesn't run but with gas battery etc, it should. The owner told me it's a column shift car. It has a propane covversion done to it and has a propane tank mounted in the trunk.Obviously it needs restoration but looks well worth doing. $4500 seems high to me considering even restored it won't be a 30 thounsand dollar car. What do you guys think it's worth? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3263733904.html

YOU of all people are asking US???
Yes I am. I've never paid more than $1000 - $1500 for any "C" body that needed a complete restoration but something about this car tells me go for it. Just trying to think with my head and not my heart!

Yeah I'm sure it needs complete interior. $2500 is the figure I had in mind too. Would it have come from the factory with a black top and white interior?

No I don't. I know the guys in Europe do it because of the price of gas over there but you don't see it very often here in the States.
\

Yup, exactly what I was thinking. See a lot of that in Europe, but not so much over here....yet. I'm envious, come across an old c body in my neck of the woods and 8 times out of 10 its a total rust bucket. sucks.

\

Yup, exactly what I was thinking. See a lot of that in Europe, but not so much over here....yet. I'm envious, come across an old c body in my neck of the woods and 8 times out of 10 its a total rust bucket. sucks.
I hear you1 I grew up in NY and did bodywork for 8 years there. I can honestly say the lack of rust is the by far the best thing about moving to Arizona!

sure it could be black top original unlikely though... What does the tag say

geez....another one? you western guys have a great life, nice cars, good weather.
the east coast sucks!

I say $3000-3500 if the car is really rust-free and undamaged (body). Take a fender tag pic while you are there and post it, will ya?

Yes, it is a c, but how many of these are out there ,esp with a straight body like that?

"great life, nice cars, good weather.
the east coast sucks!"

Couldn't of said it better myself. I've got to find a way to move out there!

I'm going against the consensus here and I think that propane conversion me one of the big pros for buying tha car.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

$4500 seems high to me considering even restored it won't be a 30 thounsand dollar car. What do you guys think it's worth? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3263733904.html[/QUOTE]

Hey chris. I think if you can get into that car for $3500-4000.00 you'll do OK. Less would be better. I see a top, probably interior work, paint and a bunch of detailing. With your abilities I would guess restoration costs to a very high level driver would be around $7-8K. You'll have a low to mid 20'sK car. The wheels alone are a big plus as it has been determined that they are worth upwards of $800.00

I paid $3500.00 for my 69, (similar condition), and had to ship it 800 miles. Aside from a few minor surprises in the body that ran the tab up a bit i'm right in that ball park. The key is that you can do the work yourself. If you have to sign checks then you'd be upside down in no time.

Step outside the narrow world of Fcbo and you'll find there is a lot of interest in cars like that by successful professional people with the means to buy the car of their dreams. Most don't care that it's a C body...or even a chrysler. They just migrate towards big, flashy cars of any make.

I too see the fuel conversion as a plus these days Can always change it back.

Well heres an update. Went and looked at the 300 and had a little monkey wrench thrown in to the mix. He also has a 70 Sport Sububan Wagon for sale. Well if everyone here doesn't already know it I'm a HUGE sucker for wagons! My current daily driver is a 69 Monaco Wagon but the 70 Sport Sububan with the Hidden headlight Sport Fury grille is one of my favorites. Loaded with options like a 440, pw, a/c with rear air too, hood turn signals and power seat. It is a 9 passenger also. Does need quite a bit of work but could be a driver fairly easily. Back to the 300, pretty much what I expected condition wise. Needs a total restoration but it is rust free and straight. Was originally R6 red but has been painted kind of a burgandy. Definatly needs to be stripped and repainted. Top and interior need to be done also. Lots of cool options on this one too. HP 440, power vent windows, 8 track, cornering lights etc. My biggest question is the propane conversion. I just don't know anything about it. Two large tanks in the trunk and all the regulators and carburator are in place. Bad thing is original carb and dual snorkle air cleaner are missing. I told the owner who was very receptive to any information I could give him that the market on the 300 was in the $2500 range. He sells quite a few Chevy parts and does know the car market as a whole pretty well just not up on Mopars. So right no I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make him an offer on all three cars (He also has a 70 300 4dr That I didn't see) or just on one of them, probably the wagon. If anyone especially our European members have any information on the propane conversion please let me know. Any way here's a few pictures I took. P9110007_01.jpg

P9110007_01.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back