70 Sport Fury GT B5 Blue with B5 interior 440-4bbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx...who is doing your interior outa curiosity...gona be bootin down that road as well here pretty quick

thanx...who is doing your interior outa curiosity...gona be bootin down that road as well here pretty quick

I too have been searching for someone who could reproduce the seat covers for my 1971 Dodge Monaco that are also the same covers as the 1971 Plymouth SFGT. I ran across this listing on Craigslist for a 72 Plymouth Gran Coupe that also uses the same seat covers as carryover from the 1971 model year apparently.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=72+plymouth+gran+fury

I was really impressed with the quality of the work and the authenticity of the seat cover reproduction, so I called the seller and asked him who did them for him. He said it was "Rags to Riches" in Hollister, MO, the same town in which the seller lives. He recommended them highly. So I called them and talked with Kenny there. From my conversation, it was clear that they really strive to be the best in order to remain in business and thrive in a relatively small town and they have been doing this kind of work for both cars and boats and other kinds of vehicles for more than 25 years now. I have decided to send them my seats to reproduce in the not too distant future and they will also install the covers and renew the foam as needed. They source original seat materials from either SMS or Original or will get the correct material locally if it is generally available and identical to the original, usually for lower cost than SMS or Original. Since your 1971 SFGT is a Brougham model as I recall and has a unique cloth & vinyl bucket seat interior, I am confident they could replicate your seats using material probably from SMS in your case. Kenny said the cost would be $700 - $950 for the job for me depending on which sources he ended up using for the material. This seems like a good price to me for individual work, as Legendary seat covers generally would cost about as much based on looking at the bucket seat covers they do have for the 1971 300 and their prices. Kenny did not do the door panels for the Gran Fury in the ad, as the seller said he reused the originals after painting them with vinyl spray. So maybe "Rags to Riches" might work for you too. You can contact Kenny at 417 335-4183.

Steve

71 Monaco seats and 71 opt Gran Fury.jpg72 Fury Gran Coupe.jpg

71 Monaco seats and 71 opt Gran Fury.jpg

72 Fury Gran Coupe.jpg

sms is doing the door panels, they did the seat covers in about 3 months, look beautiful, still waiting on door panels. I think were waiting on some tooling so they should be able to knock them out

sms is doing the door panels, they did the seat covers in about 3 months, look beautiful, still waiting on door panels. I think were waiting on some tooling so they should be able to knock them out

sounds great..would appreciate pics when done...been considering sms for door panels as well...bit of a wait but that's par for the course with good shops...got my samples from sms Cpl weeks ago...am stoked about the gold interior and
gold vinyl roof is gona rock...alota folks workin on some pretty spiffy C bodys right now right now and think we will see a surge in interest due to these vehicles like yours....oh and on that note feel free to post more pics...some of us are new here and haven't had the pleasure to see alota folks projects yet

SMS does a great job, when they do it. Over at the Forward look site there are folks going on their second year of waiting for door panels. This after their credit card was charger the full amount immediately after placing their order.

It's a great service, but run by a moron.

SMS does a great job, when they do it. Over at the Forward look site there are folks going on their second year of waiting for door panels. This after their credit card was charger the full amount immediately after placing their order.

,,who else out there that dose this sorta stuff??

That's when you finally cut the cord and go a different route...

Ugly%20Car%20Interiors%20-%2003.jpg

,,who else out there that dose this sorta stuff??

That's where SMS has the advantage. Gottcha over a barrel, so to speak. I've located a local custom trimmer who can heat stamp panels on a custom bases. I need to take my 61 Fury door panels over to him and see what he thinks before taking it in the rear at SMS.
One fellow over at the FL site just got his panels back after over a year. Nice job but the color was off a little and they charged him an extra $85.00 over what he had already paid for increased shipping. He had paid their quoted cost including shipping when he placed his order, (required to order),
I guess SMS counts on folks being so happy to get their stuff that they get away with that. They NEED competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back