70NPORT

Welcome back MR. Gary.
You are no longer a Moderator? I have been trying to get Stan to become one, But to no Avail.
I couldn't get back into my old account, and I asked for help but got no response when I asked for help and try to facilitate that. So oh well, no longer a mod. It will difficult, but I'll live somehow.

Welcome back.

Welcome back Gary!

Funny, I kind of missed your hate for fins, lol

Good to see you're back Gary.

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the welcomes. It looks like there has been a few changes while I was away. Ya, I still don't like fin cars...ok, I hate them...but I'm not looking to cause another ruckus over the whole fins vs. stabilizers thing. Because we all know they are fins.
:rofl:

Im confused on the status of the Newport now.
Keeping it and keep plugging away at it.?
Get another C and start fresh?
Buy a new Corvette? :p

Im confused on the status of the Newport now.
Keeping it and keep plugging away at it.?
Get another C and start fresh?
Buy a new Corvette? :p
Hehe...no chevies, you know I'm a mopar nutcase.
The car is in dry dock right now. I'm ashamed to say I wanted to kick the **** out of it when I saw those flames coming out of the defog vents. Oh..and yea I keep a fire extinguisher in the car (you've seen it...red, affixed to the trans hump)...well, the blasted thing didn't work. I pulled it off the hump and aimed it though the radio opening (it was out) and upwards. I knew that is where the fire was originating. However when I pressed the button it wouldn't budge, thus no white stuff. I FREAKED out. I tried to put it out with a huge towel next, that just made indian smoke signals. I was literally going out of my mind. I didn't want the car to go up in flames, but it was sitting in front of the house and that was really starting to scare me. Last resort: water hose. Yeah, I sprayed the entire dashboard with water. Water got all over it and went down the defog vents. I guess it didn't do anything cause I just drove to and from a windshield shop and everything worked! hahaha....
20160303_134830.jpg
20160303_134840.jpg
20160303_134908.jpg

20160301_114032.jpg

Glad you are back Gary. I don't think Stan has been the same since you took some necessary time off - he seems too mellow now. Anyway, just so you can get some of that hate vented for what you have gone through, here are some objects of sheer ugliness you can focus on for that purpose. But, sincerely, take care and hope you can move forward again, stronger for it.

300C #1.jpg
300F #2.jpg

Steve is fishing for drinking the Kool aid again

Welcome back Gary, here are some more great cars for you

Glad you are back Gary. I don't think Stan has been the same since you took some necessary time off - he seems too mellow now. Anyway, just so you can get some of that hate vented for what you have gone through, here are some objects of sheer ugliness you can focus on for that purpose. But, sincerely, take care and hope you can move forward again, stronger for it.

View attachment 73005 View attachment 73006
OMG....that got a smile out of me....safe forward ; )....we gotta work on Stan, get that old crotchety Stan back......that was the best thing about this place...his never ending crotchetiness.

OMG....that got a smile out of me....safe forward ; )....we gotta work on Stan, get that old crotchety Stan back......that was the best thing about this place...his never ending crotchetiness.
No, Gary. While you were dealing with your ****, I had some **** going on myself that had me rethink a lot of things. My day to day life is quite different now.
Even Dave can't get my blood pressure up anymore.
But not to worry. My Facetiousness and sarcasm is alive and well.

And the coffee is on me...

coffee2.jpg

Last edited:
No, Gary. While you were dealing with your ****, I had some **** going on myself that had me rethink a lot of things.
I am very sorry to hear that Stan. I guess it's best that you not so crotchety than if it's better for your health. You would make my stomach hurt sometimes cause I laughed so hard at one of your comments....but I get it; you have to think about your health first.

No, Gary. While you were dealing with your ****, I had some **** going on myself that had me rethink a lot of things. My day to day life is quite different now.
But not to worry. My Facetiousness and sarcasm is alive and well.

And the coffee is on me...

coffee2.jpg
THATS a coffee maker?? Must go with the fin cars.

Good to see you back Gary. Sorry to hear of the misfortunes with the car. Glad to see you still have her though.

Back