74 Imperial Lebaron crown coupe

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I was just talking with my new mopar friend, (he has the 72 & 74 Imperial coupes).
He described his 74 Crown coupe as one of 57 50th anniversary coupes built in 74. I did some checking and found this info.

The Crown Coupe package (dubbed the St. Regis package on New Yorkers) was first offered in March 1974, and was promoted to celebrate Chrysler's 50th anniversary. Rather than a separate model as the Crown had been prior to 1970, this Crown Coupe package was an option package for the Imperial LeBaron two door hardtop.
The '74 Crown Coupe's official title was the "Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe Silver Anniversary Edition." Only 57 Imperials were manufactured with the Crown Coupe package in 1974, making it one of the rarest of all Imperials. The main difference between other Imperials and the Crown Coupe is the treatment of the vinyl top. For the Crown Coupe, the padded vinyl top covers the forward three-fourths of the roof, with a special fixed "opera glass" treatment of the rear side glass. The rear window used was the larger Chrysler glass, and not the usual smaller LeBaron style. A "LeBaron" nameplate appeared on the C-pillar just to the rear of the vinyl roof. The option package code was V4Y in 1974 ($527) and V4C in 1975 ($579).
All 1974 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupes came in one color: Golden Fawn (KY4) with a gold vinyl roof (V4Y).

He said he'd sell the car but hasen't priced it and I haven't seen it yet. He describes it as being a pretty nice original car. I hope to be able tocheck it out myself, and get some pictures and more info on both the 72 & 74

74 50th anniversary crown coupe (Large).jpg

In other words, the future NYB St. Regis but with rear discs.
Be interesting in seeing what he wants for it.
What he thinks its worth will answer whether he let's the 300 go.

Posted via Topify on Android

Seems like an odd color choice for a 50th anniversary addition.

Nice rare Lebaron Crown Coupe Imp....I believe you could get plain coupes and and 4 door 1974 Imp's in KY4 Golden Fawn.

Same color as my 78 Newport...

DSC02966.jpgDSC02969.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

I don't dislike it, just seems odd, sign of the times I guess.

1924-1974= 50th Anniversary for Chrysler as a company...hence Gold as the only available colour. That information quoted is wrong...it wasn't a Silver Anniversary Edition...

I thought that when I read the info. I just figured it was a brain fart by the author.

I wonder if there were any 4door anniversary editions. Dad had a 74 LeBaron in the same color gold with gold interior and top. Rear disc brakes too..... I don't recall any special badging on the car, but that was long ago.

Nope. At least not marketed as such. The only "Anniversary special" was the Imperial in 74. Kind of like in 64 where I believe the 25th Anniversary Silver 300 was only available in a Coupe as well...but I can't remember for sure though.

image_25_resize.jpg

Back