75 New Yorker Hesiatation

You're on a Snipe hunt looking for a cure while keeping your Thermoquad.
Pitch it into the dumpster and bolt on an Edelbrock.

Eddie 1406 with an electric choke. Bolt it on and no adjustments needed 99.9% of the time and happy motoring!

First off!! Let’s see some pictures of your new toy!! The more pics the marrier.. I also suggest, if you plan on keeping the car and really getting into her, is purchasing the 1975 Service Manuals. They are available on EBay for around $60 give or take. They have them on CD as well..

You're on a Snipe hunt looking for a cure while keeping your Thermoquad.
Pitch it into the dumpster and bolt on an Edelbrock.
First I would like to try and repair what I have, I feel it is out of adjustment, but if I do throw in throw in the towel which one do you recommend? I would consider it if it is a direct bolt on, with minimal changes.
Thanks, Eric

IMG_8157.JPG
IMG_8247.JPG
IMG_8431.JPG
IMG_8432.JPG
IMG_8519.JPG
First I would like to try and repair what I have, I feel it is out of adjustment, but if I do throw in throw in the towel which one do you recommend? I would consider it if it is a direct bolt on, with minimal changes.
Thanks, Eric
I went with a Demon 625 spreadbore when I replaced my T-Quad. I also put a 1/4 heat shield under it. Runs like a champ

Eddie 1406 with an electric choke. Bolt it on and no adjustments needed 99.9% of the time and happy motoring!
but if I do throw in throw in the towel which one do you recommend?
What he said.
I spent a year trying to dial in a rebuilt TQ.
I spent a half hour putting on the Edelbrock and running it as is out of the box. It has performed FLAWLESSLY.

Wait, wait, wait, your car is running just not correctly, don't jump out of the pan into the fire just yet.
Do both the air door (C body Bob) and the accelerator pump adjustments, per the FSM, maybe Big John can put a link for download.
Go buy a cheap vacuum gauge at harbor freight and connect.it to you manifold vacuum. When you get that far post and let us know how the car runs and we can go from there.

Wait, wait, wait, your car is running just not correctly, don't jump out of the pan into the fire just yet.
Do both the air door (C body Bob) and the accelerator pump adjustments, per the FSM, maybe Big John can put a link for download.
Go buy a cheap vacuum gauge at harbor freight and connect.it to you manifold vacuum. When you get that far post and let us know how the car runs and we can go from there.
Thanks for talking me back from the ledge! I will make the adjustments first then take it from there

The carb with spacer & 2 filters I'm around $400. This ain't a gas mileage truck LOL. Hot Rod build.
Ok, why a 625 when the original tqs are supposed to be 800 and 850? Is the engine over carbureted in stock form from the factory?

IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3371.JPG
Ok, why a 625 when the original tqs are supposed to be 800 and 850? Is the engine over carbureted in stock form from the factory?
No that's the beauty of the TQ. The secondary air door controls when the secondaries come in. And it's adjustable. I went with the Demon 625 as that's plenty of CFM for a mild street car. And they also have the Adjustable air door. And the secondaries opperate with a large "Goggle" valve instead of two large secondary butterfly's. And I always wanted to try one & see how they ran. The goggle valve hit the intake so it was good I got that spacer.

Ofcourse when adding thicker gaskets or spacers you may need longer carb mounting studs & check hood clearance

I also believe they are both Cfm rated differently, pressure drop, wet, dry etc.
I think the demon carb has boosters in the secondary, the TQ does not making air door tension adjustments critical to smooth operation(sound familiar).The boosters can also be a cause for reduced Cfm ratings but should make a more precise mixture calibration.

Back