For Sale A Must see '71 Fury Suburban Wagon, 360, A/C, Burnt Orange on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what happened?

I rubbed the nickels ...

Several days after the auction was over the seller called me ( remember , he had my number from me calling him ). He asked if I wanted it. The high bidder wasn't responding and the 2nd high bidder was said to have zero feedback and he couldn't get that guy either. He offered it to me, but what it was worth to me? I told the seller I was in at the Buy it Now price. I had to add a hundred to meet his super strong haggling skills.
I hung up the phone and looked at my dad and said " you just bought a wagon".
As it happened Roger stepped up and bought Dad's 73 so I was never out anything .
Dad really wanted the car. If he didn't, I probably would have sold it at Carlisle.

congratulations to your Dad for buying it.
I think he got it reasonable.

You have to like the colour.
And a wagon without woodgrain and hideaways in case of this Fury compared to a Sport Suburban.

But comparing a Fury wagon in your garage versus a regular 71 Polara 2dr HT is unfair. They have a completely different styling.
You need to have a Sport Fury with a "23" roof next to it for a better and fair comparison.

No, the comparison stops at the doors. Just the hood and fenders alone is enough. The Dodge is a better built , better shaped, tighter car. I always knew it but now I know it.

All of the cars were for sale except for the yellow plymouth(he said) but he wouldn’t sell me this sign.:(
B3BAA75B-06E5-450D-BEC9-C2B9F98CE66B.png

I regard this wagon as saved for hopefully two Generations, makes me almost as glad as having it myself. ;)

img_2291-jpg.jpg

I love that flair in that shop.. Just look at all those old lightbulbs instead of 5 rows of neon or led lights ...
I would shove a bed and a fridge in one of the corners and live inside that shop:D:D:D
no need for a tv or computer

DSCI0093.JPG

I had a similar idea while renovating our old house, unfortunately there's not even enough room to get a full pic in that single room. Relatives think I'm a bit strange in the first place.:realcrazy:

Dave, you should have been a mystery writer. Way to stretch out the ending into three chapters. Nice save, BTW, I hope we see this one in July!

I love stories like this, keeps the forum interesting and proves the point that C Bodies are the best kept secret in the Mopar world. Where else can you score a classic ride in this condition for under 10k?

I told the seller I was in at the Buy it Now price. I had to add a hundred to meet his super strong haggling skills.
Ironic at the disappointment earlier of the Buy it Now option disappearing, only to have a second chance on the phone...that's classic! Congrats and hope to see your wagon in person some day.

I rubbed the nickels ...

Several days after the auction was over the seller called me ( remember , he had my number from me calling him ). He asked if I wanted it. The high bidder wasn't responding and the 2nd high bidder was said to have zero feedback and he couldn't get that guy either. He offered it to me, but what it was worth to me? I told the seller I was in at the Buy it Now price. I had to add a hundred to meet his super strong haggling skills.
As it happened Roger stepped up and bought Dad's 73 so I was never out anything .
Dad really wanted the car. If he didn't, I probably would have sold it at Carlisle.

What the hell?!? I miss one day on FCBO, and THIS happens! Last I heard this car was lost to some jackass flipper, and everyone was crying and lamenting. Then I see a picture of Dave towing a very similar wagon somewhere, only to find out it is the flipper wagon. DAYUM!

I think you are stangr, too.
There is a Opel inside instead of a Mopar:)

Displays are changing, but not as much as Bob's notorious digital radio. Full size Mopar won't fit though, this used to be a European sized clothes drying room.

What the hell?!? I miss one day on FCBO, and THIS happens! Last I heard this car was lost to some jackass flipper, and everyone was crying and lamenting. Then I see a picture of Dave towing a very similar wagon somewhere, only to find out it is the flipper wagon. DAYUM!
Everyone please keep in mind , this is my dad' s car. I only made the two deals and orchestrated the transportation.

I rubbed the nickels ...

I can appreciate stories of the struggles one goes through when buying the cars they are passionate about. Good job, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back