For Sale A rare gem......

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
To bad it got into the hands of a flipper. lots of BS marketing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Ne...18d9dd3d2&item=281548805074&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
$_57.JPG

It's a fine example of a Newport, shame about the BS marketing that bluefury mentioned. Is that the correct whitewall for the '61 year ?

Some things seem strange about that car - like can the paint be really as good as it looks without having been resprayed? I wonder about the seats as well, are they really original (the pattern does look correct, but after all these years, both the seats and paint should look more like the dashpad). I have a couple 62 Chryslers with that same dashpad, and neither one is drooping or cracked like that one, in fact both of mine look like new and neither car has had the supposed "garaged its full life" history. I think anyone wanting to buy that car should go and take a close look at it. And the brake pedal looks pretty worn for a claimed 20K miles.

1961 was the last year for wide white walls, so those narrow ones are not factory correct, but at least they are whitewalls.

Let's see him take it to BJ with no reserve in a few weeks....

This ones local and still has orig paint. Looks like the door on the 61 Newport has toning differences.

photo 3 (4).jpg

Had at least some places repainted over the years, but probably rather old Jobs. Close up inspection Shows some "Patina", which the car will Show more in personal inspection. Chrome trim doesn't seem to be very good either, but desirable Overall condition. Mileage should be documented to believe, don't know how These are traded though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back