AC delco ball joints

Moparmat2000

Reaction score
Anybody ever use AC delco ball joints? How good are they? I know moog ones are now SH$T. The only good moog ones are the old USA made boxed stuff , and thats getting scarce.

Probably made in Mexico better buy quick before they go up 20% so Mexico can pay for a wall they will tunnel under.

Moog is still too dog, can't beat the lifetime warranty, Delco aren't bad, but you get what you pay for.......

But what do I know, I only receive AC Delco training through my workplace which is a Delco certified shop.

Got a pair of C body pitman and idler arms from them awhile back for my A body. Old Trans Am racers trick. Speeds up steering ratio in an A or E body , only jacks up ackerman angle a couple degrees at full lock.

Hahaha thank you. Under nornal turning and lane changing conditions its not noticable, only shows up with the steering wheel in full lock if parking the car in a parking lot, or parallel parking. Hardly an issue. Makes it feel a bit like rack n pinion.

Lowering pump pressure on a saginaw steering pump helps with road feel too. Mopar power boxes are too over assisted. Using a slant sux saginaw pump pressure valve drops the pump pressure to about 900 psi. Since sixes were lighter and didnt require much pump pressure for their power steering. Stock psi on a V8 saginaw pump is close to 1600 because of weight. Contributes to that floaty disconnected from the road feel chryslers are noted for. Pumping the pressure down you still get power steering assist thats firm, and allows enough pressure to still park the car easily.

Moving the center link back on an A body presents a problem if using headers, i am using 68 340 HP manifolds so this isnt a problem.

AC-Delco has 2 lines, get the pro series also lifetime warranty. Price is very close to Moog. I use a lot of Moog parts and don't see any problem in quality. I had cheap store brand ball joints on my plow truck and had to change them out this year, not a lot of miles on them. I put Moog in place this time.

Back