Add trim removal guy to the list

I can remember there have been problems with reading these tapes before, the coin would be more exact.

I can remember there have been problems with reading these tapes before, the coin would be more exact.

I should have know better here is my coin to tape measure cross reference.

Coin cross reference.jpg

Coin cross reference.jpg

That's about what will be left for living after the paintjob.

That's about what will be left for living after the paintjob.

That was all I had left after Chistmas and my unpaid (because I'm self employed) vacation. I will be working the rest of the month for paint money.:painting_pink:

I knew I should have said tape measure in the first place

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Last edited:
Here is some more photos of the work I did today. I have removed nearly all the trim now including a bumper and a fender.

Bumper off.sm.jpgFender off.sm.jpgFenderless.sm.jpgTrunk cardboard.sm.jpg

Bumper off.sm.jpg

Fender off.sm.jpg

Fenderless.sm.jpg

Trunk cardboard.sm.jpg

Yumpin Yimminy, you just got new wheels and shoes and your taking her apart?

Was my thought as well. Put on the old ones if you still have them, they tend to leave traces of overspray on them in the paintshop.

Yumpin Yimminy, you just got new wheels and shoes and your taking her apart?

I couldn't get that stinking 300 specific trim off the front fender and it was recommended to take the fender off to help assess in the process. After all that I am still going to have to drill out one of the screws. It is not accessable from behind either because of reinforcement of the fender in that area.
Alot of work for 3 screws.

I just started removing the trim from my '66 Newport. Many of those white nylon clips used on the upper trim were very brittle and I wound up breaking a lot of them. I am trying to find somebody that has NOS clips. I will let you know if I find anything.

I just started removing the trim from my '66 Newport. Many of those white nylon clips used on the upper trim were very brittle and I wound up breaking a lot of them. I am trying to find somebody that has NOS clips. I will let you know if I find anything.

Thanks but I'll help you out, Murray Park has them. Take pictures of them with a "coin" or tape messure reference. He sent the wrong one originally to me.

Makes me wonder in amazement how they did things like this on a fast paced line, over and over, hour after hour, day after day....

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Back