And now.....for something completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
What can I say......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956...0021330?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35c4807bd2

giha concept wagon (Large).jpg

That is a strange looking wagon. Bidding is going well for it.

That car has been for sale for years.
Nobody wants to risk it.
It sounds as thought reality has set in and the reserve lowered to a point that would better balance the cost of restoring a rare one off car like this. At least that is what is aluded to in the ad print.
The only thing this car has going for it is it's pedegree..... Wierd styling, unatractive color and "unborn calf skin" interior.......? I hope someone can do something with it though.

Some strange things in the ad.

"The interior was finished with unborn baby calfskin".

What did it have for an original engine? I would think it would of been a dual quad 10:1 354 Hemi with 355hp. That was the latest and greatest for Chrysler in 1956. The 392 Hemi wasn't available until 1957, but who knows, maybe Chrysler stuffed one in this car early. If it has a 440 as stated, it couldn't of been retrofitted before 1966.

Looks way better in black and white!

It sounds as thought reality has set in and the reserve lowered to a point that would better balance the cost of restoring a rare one off car like this. At least that is what is aluded to in the ad print.
The only thing this car has going for it is it's pedegree..... Wierd styling, unatractive color and "unborn calf skin" interior.......? I hope someone can do something with it though.

I don't think he could anywhere near 10% of the $500,000-$800,000 valued price in the ad even at Barrett-Jackson.

I don't think he could anywhere near 10% of the $500,000-$800,000 valued price in the ad even at Barrett-Jackson.

Compareing this car to the restored or mint original 50's concept cars that have sold ar BJ is like compairing apples to bricks.
The cars story is more interesting then the car.

Hi, Legendary? what's the Lead time for hides for my Plainsman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back