Another '66 300 gets saved

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

I was in the market for a new project recently, and found this '66 300 sitting in the weeds way out in the country(via craigslist of course). I initially passed on the ad because I had found a 1965 Newport sedan that was already running and driving, but once I looked at the 300 it made my mind up.

It's been in same the family since new. It's a Florida car that has had one repaint. It went into storage around 1990. They pulled it out 3 years ago and got it running, but a valve was either stuck or dropped. They pulled the engine out, had the shortblock freshened up and rebuilt the heads, then, of course, lost interest. It sat with the hood off since then, so the engine compartment is weathered.

Although everything is in pieces, it's complete as far as I can tell. Everything looks original and date codes back to the 45-46th week of 1965, other than the starter and alternator. The carb is even still there with it's tag.

The "mail slot" in the glovebox is full of papers, I have the original 1966 title issued Jan. 66 and 2 broadcast sheets.

I already have a good running '67 383 to install, so once I get the engine bay cleaned up and repainted, that'll go in. Here's a couple pics from when I bought it, and I'm also doing video on it via my Youtube channel. EDIT: One picture, the other wouldn't upload.
66chrysler2.jpg

Cmon you tease, more pics!

Damn. Wasn't expecting that from the first paragraph. Looks like a dream!

You have a engine to get it up and running, but what's up with the original engine? Still in pieces? From your post it sounds like it just needs to be put back together and put it.

You have a engine to get it up and running, but what's up with the original engine? Still in pieces? From your post it sounds like it just needs to be put back together and put it.

Sure would be nice to keep the original matching engine in the car. . . Nevertheless, looks like a really good score.

Back