Anybody going to the Mopar Nationals?

Ok, let me clarify. I would like to park on the grounds but the registration form is asking for a specific car to enter the fun field.. Since I am flying in and renting a car I can't provide the info at this time. I am assuming there is general parking some where else or....is the location we are discussing part of general parking?

It's a 4 hr drive for me. Hope to blow out of work at noon Friday. Spend all Saturday in the swap area.

AH HA! That is what I needed to know!
Thanks!
The car pass will get you 2 adult wristbands you will need additional for second son. FYI
If you cannot get a Mopar rental car you may get questioned at gate but just tell them it blew up and could not make it.

Last edited:
'66 Coronet= B-body, '72 Scamp= A-body, and '66440= Your C-body You guyz have ALL the basez covered, and you should fit rite in with both groupz. Don't know if the groups are still doin' it but several in both those clubz are on the National Charger Registry '66 thru' '74 and held National meets at the park in down town Boerne, just west of S.A. Tell your youngest your communicating with a crusty '0le Dude that ownz an '83 Scamp and see the look on hiz face........L-body BTW lol, Jer

Plus an "85 D150 with a 440 and a "85 Ramcharger so I think we are full up.
Ramcharger.jpg
D150.jpg

The car pass will get you 2 adult wristbands you will need additional for second son. FYI
If you cannot get a Mopar rental car you may get questioned at gate but just tell them it blew up and could not make it.

Thanks!! Building a new engine for the Wagon and don't want to jinx it so I will probably just tell them my wife needed it.

Tell your youngest your communicating with a crusty '0le Dude that ownz an '83 Scamp and see the look on hiz face........L-body BTW lol, Jer

A vehicle in a class all by itself, IMO... I bet it confuses those who don't remember them, and after your work... probably confuses most.

Thanks!! Building a new engine for the Wagon and don't want to jinx it so I will probably just tell them my wife needed it.
I can't remember if my friend got some crap or not he sold his car Thursday night and then rented a Nissan POS and got in we just made him park in a different area.

I will be there with Goldie, looking forward to meeting you and your sons. For the record I think the swap meet might be 2/3 of Carlisle. It doesn't matter how big it is at Carlisle, you still won't find any cosmetic items for your c-body. :). Nats has Murray Park so if you need anything small that you can fly home with you, have him bring it to the show.

Bring your own food and beverage, very little selection and typical mark up.

Mike, Dave, and whoever else is going....please post a bunch of pictures to show us what we missed out on.

Thanks in advance!

I will be there with Goldie, looking forward to meeting you and your sons. For the record I think the swap meet might be 2/3 of Carlisle. It doesn't matter how big it is at Carlisle, you still won't find any cosmetic items for your c-body. :). Nats has Murray Park so if you need anything small that you can fly home with you, have him bring it to the show.

Bring your own food and beverage, very little selection and typical mark up.

2/3 the size of Carlisle?:rofl:
Im not sure if you forget how big Carlisle is or you were just overwhelmed. Carlisle is 82 acres, half of that is swap meet. The Nationals is not even close to compare the two.

Murray also does Carlisle. ..
You can find almost anything at Carlisle but not in one day...look again for that c body trim:poke:

I read some where way back when there were only Spring and Fall Carlisle, before they even split the shows to the 12- 13 per summer that there are now, That if you walked every row of the swap area N-S-E-W + every row of the entire show field you'd have walked some where at or a bit over 11 milez . Now those that know me know WHY I bring My 'lectric scooty or I rent one. 11 + milez in two dayz of 95+* weather, WELL DAH? lol

2/3 the size of Carlisle?:rofl:
Im not sure if you forget how big Carlisle is or you were just overwhelmed. Carlisle is 82 acres, half of that is swap meet. The Nationals is not even close to compare the two.

Murray also does Carlisle. ..
You can find almost anything at Carlisle but not in one day...look again for that c body trim:poke:

I think the overwhelmed part is correct. Carlisle is the best, no one else comes close.

11 miles? Possible. I walk the spring and fall shows in one day. Not thoroughly however. Walking the Hershey AACA meet will also wear you out.

Doing the Carlisle show for the Chrysler event it is easy to walk 30 miles in four days

Having been to Chryslers @ Carlisle since the onset (27 years now) and the Mopar Nationals for 21 years up to , but blew it off, last year (they are now 36 years old), I have watched Chryslers @ Carlisle grow to become the number 1 MOPAR event in the universe -- Richard Petty has been there a couple times, Catherine Bach,
Virgil Exner Jr., etc., etc., --- you get the idea!!!!
22 years ago --the Mopar Nationals WAS the event to go to --- but it has slid, slid, slid, while
Chryslers @ Carlisle has continued to improve.....
My time in library is up --- more on this tomorrow...... suffice it to say,
Mopar Nationals were 5 times better than Carlisle --- Now, Carlisle is 20 times better than the Nats......if you are ONLY going to do 1 -- DO CARLISLE!!!!!!!!!

No race cars at Carlisle. I stay on the grounds the whole weekend at Carlisle, no schedule, no agenda, just soaking in all Mopars for the whole weekend. I like them both for different reasons. My number 3 go to was Norwalk in September but that is gone now so I will continue to enjoy both.

11 miles? Possible. I walk the spring and fall shows in one day. Not thoroughly however. Walking the Hershey AACA meet will also wear you out.

Doing the Carlisle show for the Chrysler event it is easy to walk 30 miles in four days
Hershey is a killer, the first year I went I walked 10 hours the first day, 9 hours the second day, and 8 hours the third day, and I didn't see the whole swap meet.
I had to go back to work to get some rest!

I still only do Hershey as a one day event so you're there by 7 and leave at 5 or 6 regardless of rows left. My dad is 75 and he walks with us, he's slowing down now and has to stop now and then.

Over the years I've found very little at Hershey. Fall and Spring Carlisle usually yields something, like trim rings.

I can always find something for my cars at the Chrysler event, weather I buy or not is a different story

That's impressive that your dad does that well at 75. Good for him and good for you!:thumbsup:

Back