Anyone ever put a ls lsx in a c body

Damn. OK, I should not be saying this......

Tell me more about the caprice.
:BangHead:

Well. . . Lets see. . . I bought the car in 2005. Its got 175K on the clock. It was a former NJ State admin car. Was never used as a "squad car." Therefore, it has a carpeted bucket seat interior and upholstery that is much like heavy corduroy. Its got all the cop stuff on it (LT1 engine, 4-wheel disc brakes, stainless dual exhaust, positraction, etc.). It uses no oil, the A/C works great. For a big car, its very fast. It will roll past a hundred before you realize it. The LT1 is a great motor: 10:1 compression, reversed coolant flow, so it runs on regular weasel piss.

Every time I drive it, I observe all over again what a great road car it is. Unlike other cars I've owned, I never get tired of it. It is just one of those rare kinda cars.

I had an Impala ss and a 96 roadmaster. Fantastic machines.
Rather than fool around with the LT1, I'd just simply drop in a GM crate LSx. Boom. 450hp plug n play. Go like a ****.

I had an Impala ss and a 96 roadmaster. Fantastic machines.
Rather than fool around with the LT1, I'd just simply drop in a GM crate LSx. Boom. 450hp plug n play. Go like a ****.

Yes. That is definitely the way to go. The only engine better than the LT1 is an LSx.

What's your plans for the car if any Rip?

Stan: I have no firm plans for the car. It has been a fun car to own all these years, but now I'm pretty tied up with my recently acquired '66 300 convertible. Right now, we use the car as a "station" car - back and forth to the railroad station every day. The car really does not deserve that. . .

I have a line on another '66 300 (parts car), so I need to come up with the scratch for it. If you are seriously interested in the Caprice, I'll make you a smokin' hot deal on it.

Jegs has an LS3 for about $9k.
And a dry sump LS9 for 14

You could always buy a low milage 6.0 ls style engine pullout for about 1200 with the computer.
Think lq9 they are a little heavyer but more durable due to the cast iron block.
The heads flow great stock.
Put a good cam and tune and 500+ hp is easy with a very broad torque curve.
Or keep stock add some chinese turbos and 700-800 hp is easy.

Time to put this rediculous idea to bed. Aint happening...
Thanks for a few days of fantisizing Rip. Lol

Oh come on. Can't drag along this long, and pull out now. Whats one more?
I checked my tranny and coolant levels today.
After that, I tightened a fender skirt that I thought was the source of a rattle.
And then I drove it around the block to see that I indeed solved the rattling problem.

It was a very good day. 3 for 3. I know when I'm ahead.

Back