Anyone have tti headers or exhaust on their C body?

Here's a couple pics. You guys know all about taking stuff apart right? Willing to ship the old exhaust to anyone interested free of charge!
As they say in England that's highly decent of you old chap to give the exhaust away wot wot .:yourock:

Here's the install from back to front:

Hanger above rear axle
IMAG2506.jpg

The hanger for the drivers side doesn't look quite right
IMAG2513.jpg

I had to bend it before and after bolting it in to make it work
IMAG2516.jpg

Other side was fine. These rubber isolators suck to get on! But they won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Yes I lubed them.
IMAG2518.jpg

The hangers for the back of the tail pipe. The bracket required I drill through my frame rails, as the gas tank was in the way. The spring shackles didn't make it any easier.
IMAG2515.jpg
IMAG2514.jpg

IMAG2506.jpg

IMAG2513.jpg

IMAG2516.jpg

IMAG2518.jpg

IMAG2515.jpg

IMAG2514.jpg

Mufflers had dents in both inlet connections and one outlet. Bent it to round with my crescent wrench.

IMAG2519.jpg

Then the H-pipe assembly.

IMAG2521.jpg

I still have to put the header extensions on and align the system, clean the headers of grease and a couple other things under the hood, then fire it up and take it for a spin!

I haven't put the turndowns on yet. If I do I'll have to cut the tailpipes down a few inches. I'll see if I get around to it.

Overall I like the kit. It sucks I had to drill the holes in my frame, but I wasn't taking the car apart so it is what it is.

A lift would have been a blessing, but I'm used to laying way to. Lose to the bottom of my car. Another set of hands would have been helpful, but that would have been really weird under the car!

Between work, woman, and weather plus my own putzing around, it took me a little bit longer than in was hoping, but at least the salt is off the roads so I don't have to wait for anything, but me!

IMAG2519.jpg

IMAG2521.jpg

Need to cut the H-pipe down a couple inches. I sure like working in dimly lit conditions! At least I don't have any time constraints...

It's all under the car! Had to cut 2" off each side of the back of the H-pipe as stated, then had to expand the front of the drivers side of H-pipe, it must have been made right before lunch as it was just tight enough to not work. Then I had to use the old rubber mallet to get the header adapters fully seated, and aligned to the headers. Once that was done, I had to grind a little off of a nut so it would go over the hole and engage the bolt.

IMAG2531.jpg

1429395889122.jpg

The bolts and nuts have just enough room to work with, other than that one, definitely not roomy with the adapters.

The tight side. Not round either.

IMAG2527.jpg

IMAG2532.jpg

IMAG2534.jpg

IMAG2535.jpg

IMAG2536.jpg

That is all tightened up, just have to do the back of the mufflers and adjust the rear pipes and shim up my bolts back there. The tail of the car is sticking out the garage doorand it's raining, so I get to slide under the axle! I'll have it running by tonight, I'm in no hurry (if you couldn't tell by reading this thread) so hopefully the rain ends soon. I'll check over little things if it doesn't.

1429395889122.jpg

IMAG2527.jpg

IMAG2532.jpg

IMAG2531.jpg

IMAG2534.jpg

IMAG2535.jpg

IMAG2536.jpg

All tight all the way.

IMAG2539.jpg

IMAG2540.jpg

Everyone loves spacers!

IMAG2541.jpg

I accidentally hit the gas tank seam with the drill when I was making holes for the tailpipe bracket, which actually worked fine since the bolt had to go right where I drilled!

IMAG2542.jpg

Now to hear how it sounds!

IMAG2539.jpg

IMAG2540.jpg

IMAG2541.jpg

IMAG2542.jpg

Took it out for a drive, that's weird hearing it come out the back of the car. Don't need to scream to have a conversation (although I drove alone!).

It's not a bad tone, but I think I'm gonna pick up a set of Flowmasters down the road. Maybe the Dynomax Super Turbos will grow on me. I'll try to upload a video. Might have to do the YouTube link.

After I got back, it started sleeting. Only in Minnesota. I'm still taking it to work tonight.

Last edited:
I'll do that tomorrow. I wasn't even looking at the screen when I filmed it. Hard to tell, right?

Hi SCOTT
i have a 65 plymou7th fury III and i have put there headers and exaust on it or thay did at vo teck
i bought both tru mancini racing and it was the only header that thay would tell me that would fit a c body
well there in thay had to remove the torchen bar on the right side put engine in and put torchen bar back in.i ordered the complete exaust system 2 1/2 inch and it was well built had to make or reposition a holder.
it sounds great got that deep rumble mopar has. hope this helps. mancine has anything for mopar thats all they sell.
also tti headers the best coated everything. 935.00 dollars far headers. 595.00 complete exaust system from headers to out the back. mike

Between being busy with work and house work, I managed to get the turn down tips on my car. I think they look ok. Here's a before pic.

IMAG2552.jpg

And some after pics.
IMAG2551.jpg
IMAG2548.jpg
IMAG2550.jpg
IMAG2547.jpg
IMAG2549.jpg

IMAG2552.jpg

IMAG2551.jpg

IMAG2548.jpg

IMAG2550.jpg

IMAG2547.jpg

IMAG2549.jpg

Took it out for a drive, that's weird hearing it come out the back of the car. Don't need to scream to have a conversation (although I drove alone!).

It's not a bad tone, but I think I'm gonna pick up a set of Flowmasters down the road. Maybe the Dynomax Super Turbos will grow on me. I'll try to upload a video. Might have to do the YouTube link.

After I got back, it started sleeting. Only in Minnesota. I'm still taking it to work tonight.

I'm doing an install on my '65 Monaco right now.. How did you get the holes drilled for the tail pipe hangers? Did you have to drop the spring shackles?? I can't seem to find a way to get a drill up in there to make a straight hole through the frame? Thx

View attachment 41538I have the Headers and full 2 1/2 inch exhaust on my 65 Newport. I didn't install it but the shop said it fit well. We had the wrong trans mount at first but when that was corrected it was perfect. I also added Dougs electric cut outs.

View attachment 41538
Have you ever had one of those cut-outs stick open? Happened to a friend of mine and his '62 Max Wedge clone. He drove it to Van Nuys from Bakersfield to attend a Fling. While showing off the car at the show he opened them up. When he went to drive home, one would not close!! He drove all the way back to the Bake with both open - why only have one open? Yes, he was pulled over. :icon_fU: Ended up having to buy a new one; the other just completely failed.

IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG

Back