Anyone have tti headers or exhaust on their C body?

Pass side in. Had to move the torsion bar back to get it in. Non a/c cars might be easier, the blower motor got in the way. The bolt right behind the front tube could only be tightened with a wrench, all the others I got a socket on them. Another set of hands would have been invaluable but I got it done. On to the drivers side.

IMAG2466_1426831469887.jpg

Steering linkage is hitting the pass side. I'll throw the other side in and see if I can wiggle the engine to level it and clear the linkage.

IMAG2468_1426901258247.jpg

I'm dumb. I couldn't get the starter out for nothing, then I realize I took out the bolt for the transmission instead of the starter. Der!

Holy crap, they are finally in. What a PITA! If anyone plans on throwing these in, get a buddy to help for sure. It sucks by yourself, with no lift, space, light, or proper sleep. Whew!

Ok. I had to remove the shift linkage to get the drivers side installed. That was the only thing other than what the instructions say. Had to bend my tranny lines out of the way, but they are routed quite a bit away from the engine, not anymore!

Anyone who has a lift, a friend, space and proper lighting, this shouldn't be too terrible a job. It really only took me about 3-4 hours a side. Could have cut that in half with help.

I got them in and everything I took apart, back together. I have to put the plugs back in, and level out my engine so I can steer! I'll get to the pipes in the next week, need it to rain so I can take it out for a test drive. I feel better now that the hard part is over. The rest seems pretty straightforward and not complicated. I'm gonna call it a night, or is it a day? I'll keep you posted as to how the rest goes.

IMAG2469_1426932519225.jpg

IMAG2470_1426932539187.jpg

Holy crap, they are finally in. What a PITA! If anyone plans on throwing these in, get a buddy to help for sure. It sucks by yourself, with no lift, space, light, or proper sleep. Whew!

Ok. I had to remove the shift linkage to get the drivers side installed. That was the only thing other than what the instructions say. Had to bend my tranny lines out of the way, but they are routed quite a bit away from the engine, not anymore!

Anyone who has a lift, a friend, space and proper lighting, this shouldn't be too terrible a job. It really only took me about 3-4 hours a side. Could have cut that in half with help.

I got them in and everything I took apart, back together. I have to put the plugs back in, and level out my engine so I can steer! I'll get to the pipes in the next week, need it to rain so I can take it out for a test drive. I feel better now that the hard part is over. The rest seems pretty straightforward and not complicated. I'm gonna call it a night, or is it a day? I'll keep you posted as to how the rest goes.

Damn 5:24 a.m. nice all nighter there and congrats for sticking it out and getting them in

Glad it's over. Having a console shift car would make it a little easier. Remembering that the nuts for the mini starter are metric would cut down on frustration. I hope leveling the engine doesn't cause me to pull out all my hair. The headers sure do look good. And st least I am the one who scratched them up. Sure is a tight fit. A good time to do this bolt on would be when swapping engines.

That was furyus67 with his but. I got the grease of with this:

IMAG2471_1426966818953.jpg

Forgot to mention, had to remove the kick-down linkage rod. I have a manual valve body, so the linkage was already out, but the bar was potentially in the way.

Well, I ordered up some shims from Schumacher Creative Services because in couldn't get my engine in the right position to clear my header on the passenger side. Mr. Schumacher said I shouldn't need any, but the front end could be out of alignment. The crossmember of the front stub is beat up and the passenger fender has bondo over who know what damage. I'll still play around and see if I can get it any better, but if not I'm shimming it. Between work and the woman, I haven't had much of a chance. Tried some yesterday, but it wasn't enough and the son in law was a late picking up the grandkids. I'll give it a go tomorrow, don't need a lot of sleep for the easy overtime I'll be working Friday and Saturday. Shims should hopefully be here Saturday otherwise Monday it is. Then I can get the rest installed and fire it up! Headache-wise Accurate Ltd would have been easier (I know Stan heard that) but I mad my bed, I'll sleep in it. Still waiting on more rain so I haven't missed any drive time yet.

I have to stop working on my car at night and without proper lighting. The big problem holding up my steering after putting the headers in? A flippin grease zert, that's what. I was looking at the linkage from the center in f the car and never noticed the zert from the angle I was looking. Had the car on the Jack and looked from the wheel and duh, the damn zert was the issue. Time to squirt some grease in the idler and plug the hole. Hopefully no.more dumbass awards for me today. Full exhaust by the end of the day?

Happy you figured it out Scott .. just had to be something simple

I found many times .. getting away and thinking about it, or calming down and looking at it with fresh, not pissed off eyes always helps ;)

IMAG2500.jpg

Look what's in the way of the pipes? Never think about this thing and it is now slowing me down. If it's not me, it's something else! Oh well, it needs to come off anyway. Since I screwed off during the warmer, brighter part of the day, I had to run to the Wal-Mart to get my Dremel EZ-lock cutoff wheels (they rock for what they are and I don't have a proper grinder), get in before they locked the doors, and they don't have any! Get to go to the stupid center Wal-Mart the next town over to get them. I going to sleep and wake up early, for me, mid morning and get this off and get some pipes hung.

The pipes were nicely packed from tti, plenty of packaging/protection.

IMAG2496.jpg

IMAG2497.jpg

IMAG2500.jpg

IMAG2496.jpg

IMAG2497.jpg

I'll miss it.

IMAG2501.jpg

Free to a good home, just pay shipping!

It looks different, and I have nothing to help me stand up when I climb out from under my car!

IMAG2502.jpg

IMAG2501.jpg

IMAG2502.jpg

Here a the latest bump in the road:

IMAG2504.jpg

The bracket isn't a big deal, it was there for the previous exhaust system and is one bolt.

The fuel line is the issue I mentioned a couple of posts earlier. First off, I didn't put this there, goofball did. I know it breaks every rule for an electric pump, but it works so I never bothered fixing it. I'll get some hose and bend the hard line out if the way.

And I have no holes that the tti instructions say I may have. Sure wish I did. And a lift, and another person to help. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or causes you to drink more! (I'd still drink all the beer I do anyways!)

IMAG2504.jpg

Back