Anyone have tti headers or exhaust on their C body?

Man, I'm lovin those cut outs! I could imagine sitting at a light with a Jippy Jap along side and opening them up. Guy would crap his pants!

I would recommend these to anyone that likes some noise.......lol.....The best is to open them as I am idling up to a gas pump. The whole place will be checking it out. My car doesn't have an obscene "top fueler" type idle but with 496 cubic inches and the cut outs open, it does sound like it means business.

I would recommend these to anyone that likes some noise.......lol.....The best is to open them as I am idling up to a gas pump. The whole place will be checking it out. My car doesn't have an obscene "top fueler" type idle but with 496 cubic inches and the cut outs open, it does sound like it means business.

Oh I could imagine! If you have time, can you post a video of them closed and then open them up? That would be great to see/hear!!

Question,..I see your site name is blackdart66. Did you own one at one time or still have it? I owned 2 71's a 72 and a 74 all with 318's. I loved those cars. I'd like to get another one day or trade for my Sport Fury.

Please advise when your project hits the street. I'd love to see how you did.
My 66 polara will be rolling by march if the lord is willing.
Dave.

I ordered up the complete system yesterday. I'll check out the goods to make sure they are ok and wait til slightly warmer weather. I'll be jonesing til that happens. Pics to follow, of course.

I have the full length TTIs on my 66 fury III and they fit great and sound good. I have flowmaster mufflers that are a little on the loud side but work well. install is a challenge on the passenger side because of torsion bar. I put mine on while installing motor so it was easier but looks like you will probably have to pull motor mount bolt and loosen trans mount bolt and jack up engine to get it in on passenger side. You will also probably have to remove starter on the drivers side and reinstall after header is in. I used the 3" Collector extensions from TTI but dont like the severe bend in them so i am having a custom x-pipe made in the future to improve flow and reduce noise.

Thanks for the info, hope the install isn't too big a PITA, I'll probably be doing it alone. I I've a mini starter, maybe it'll sneak in there w/o needing to be removed. The drivers side does have a hellacious bend, but my cobbled system in place can't be any worse. I'll try the dynomax mufflers first, but if indont like I'll go flowmasters. I know and like the sound they make. Loud doesn't bother me, as long as it sounds good.

I'll sure try to soon. 65 satellite black 1310.jpg65 satellite black 1306.jpg

65 satellite black 1310.jpg

65 satellite black 1306.jpg

Not one single surprise with these. Mount perfectly front to back if you buy the complete system. Oh, I stand corrected. On most 383's with stock manifolds the retaining bolts go into the cooling jacket and when you remove them, you also remove a lot of coolant. Studs don't work with TTI headers you must use their bolts with the smaller heads that resemble ARP's. Probably are ARP's. The gaskets are second to none. TTI use slots on the flange to enable starting their bolts into the heads but once started, merely slide the headers backwards in the slot and tighten them. Cool to say the least.

Well the exhaust showed up! Got the pipes and mufflers yesterday and the headers showed up today after getting delayed 1 day. The pipes made the journey safely. Have to wait til I get home to check the headers out. Can't wait til warmer weather so I can dig into this. I'll post some pics once I get home.

Thanks Yatzee, I love helpful tips!

Edit: I can't upload any pics from my phone anymore! I'll take some pics with my camera and post tomorrow.

Last edited:
I would like to know if anyone has a source of OEM replacement exhaust parts for a 1966 Fury 318 single exhaust , I have parts numbers from an old (walker muffler?)catalog:

Y-PIPE:
YS 1342 (1967)
G22 (1966)

NEXT PIPE, CENTER PIPE:
EM2635 (PASS. CAR)
EL2269 (STA. WAG)

I'm interested in any other sources of similar ready made pipes, thanks!

Well, after 5 months of waiting, I'm gonna start putting the exhaust in the Polara today as soon as I get off work. Read the instructions from tti, fairly simple and straightforward. I'm only planning on the headers today, going out with the girlfriend this evening and need some rest. Averaging 4 hours of sleep the last few days means I need to sleep. I'll do the rest Tuesday, so long as I don't run into any problems. I'll take pics and post them for all to see. Waited 3 years for this. Work tried to force me into overtime and I told them to fly a kite, I'm not waiting another day! Three hours til I begin!

Update: Dog needed a walk, so that's what I'm doing right now. I had fun getting the old exhaust out. Bolts were fine coming out, but the old heavy pipes weren't. Big pain in the butt. Had to get a cut off wheel tool for my drill and a couple of discs, cause I am a cheap ads and only spent $11 instead of $80 for a tool I'll use once every 8 years. Get to take the studs out of the heads after the walk (brought the granddaughter to the park). PB Blaster is waiting for me, hoping they pop out easily though, fingers crossed. I'm taking pics but will have to tease you until tomorrow for putting them up. Gonna go gangbusters til I go out to eat with the girlfriend tonight. Will keep you posted. Trying to do as much today, it will be 30° cooler tomorrow.

Foiled by the studs. Got 5 out of the passenger side header. Drivers side a bit fussy, didn't get any. Soaked them with PB Blaster and will give it another go in the morning. I shall overcome!

Here's a couple pics. You guys know all about taking stuff apart right? Willing to ship the old exhaust to anyone interested free of charge!

IMAG2460_1426612207955.jpg

IMAG2459_1426612374496.jpg

IMAG2456_1426612419692.jpg

Back