Hey y'all wondering if anyones got
-a833s,
-bellhousings,
-hp manifolds
or anything to make it fit in a 66 sport fury laying around like
-Pedals,
-clutch linkage
-flywheels
You know better than I do. Im ready to ditch the 727 and pick up a third pedal!

Screenshot_20231122_175058_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231122_175008_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231122_174948_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231122_175026_Instagram.jpg

I would not underestimate the amount of parts and the time this kind of project entails.
Good luck especially with the pedals and tunnel hump.

@rd92west has done a swap to a four speed, he has a thread here somewhere.

This is the car he converted, it may be mentioned in it. (Only 4 pages)

1966 canadian polara 880

You will either trip over a set of pedals, or drop a decent amount of cash for one. And you will have to modify the pedals if they aren't matched to your brakes, manual.or power.

HP manifolds didn't come til later, '66 still had log manifolds on all engines. There's no performance to be had, only a cool factor if that's your thing.

Last edited:
I've got a set of pedals in pieces that need clean up. Manual brakes - power brake very hard to find. The spring has rust pitting so not in good shape. I also have a z bar and the z bar frame bracket. These are from a 65 Fury.

PM if interested.

I've got a set of pedals in pieces that need clean up. Manual brakes - power brake very hard to find. The spring has rust pitting so not in good shape. I also have a z bar and the z bar frame bracket. These are from a 65 Fury.

PM if interested.
Pm'ed

@rd92west has done a swap to a four speed, he has a thread here somewhere.

This is the car he converted, it may be mentioned in it. (Only 4 pages)

1966 canadian polara 880

You will either trip over a set of pedals, or drop a decent amount of cash for one. And you will have to modify the pedals if they aren't matched to your brakes, manual.or power.

HP manifolds didn't come til later, '66 still had log manifolds on all engines. There's no performance to be had, only a cool factor if that's your thing.
I'd like to find some cheap headers that fit instead of being married to a set of $1500 tti headers

I'd like to find some cheap headers that fit instead of being married to a set of $1500 tti headers
Good luck with that. Even cheap headers for a C body are expensive.

I just looked at tti's website, the price of headers has gone up @$200 over the last decade ($1051 for ceramic coated, $1086 for polished ceramic). The price of the exhaust pipes has almost doubled in that time, I paid $600, now at $1100+ for 3".

I’ve done this swap. I gathered parts to do it for many years. When I found a set of pedals, they were from a ‘65 SF convertible that had been stripped long before I got to it. When I tried to install them, I found out it they were for a manual brake car. It took several hours, but in the end, the brake pedal fit like a glove and works great!! I ended up not using anything but the pedals because I went with a Silver Sport-Tremic 5-speed with a hydraulic clutch kit. If/when I break it, I’ll fix it. If you checkout my thread in restorations, you’ll see what I had to do for the tunnel. You may like how the car will balance when the frame is out from under it. If you go with the pedals/parts from 65CopCar and are still needing some things, let me know, I might have what you need.
Good luck!!

I’ve done this swap. I gathered parts to do it for many years. When I found a set of pedals, they were from a ‘65 SF convertible that had been stripped long before I got to it. When I tried to install them, I found out it they were for a manual brake car. It took several hours, but in the end, the brake pedal fit like a glove and works great!! I ended up not using anything but the pedals because I went with a Silver Sport-Tremic 5-speed with a hydraulic clutch kit. If/when I break it, I’ll fix it. If you checkout my thread in restorations, you’ll see what I had to do for the tunnel. You may like how the car will balance when the frame is out from under it. If you go with the pedals/parts from 65CopCar and are still needing some things, let me know, I might have what you need.
Good luck!!
Thank you so much! I'm also gonna go the hydraulic clutch route. Want a hefty six puck ceramic diaphram style clutch

Thank you so much! I'm also gonna go the hydraulic clutch route. Want a hefty six puck ceramic diaphram style clutch
Here’s some pictures of the clutch that comes with the kit from SilverSport Transmissions. It’s an 11 inch.

IMG_9981.jpeg
IMG_9980.jpeg

At this point I’m only driving it around the school parking lot (I teach auto mechanics at a high school CTC). It’s a pretty big lot and I can get into 3rd gear before needing to turn around. It feels good and grips nice, no shutter when taking off.
You’re talking about a heavier clutch disc than this, but I think this one is a step up from the most common clutch and should last a long time for me.
I can’t see everything you’ve done, but our cars seem to have some similarities.

I'm very interested in knowing about your kit.
When I converted to hydraulic, I had to start from scratch as there was nothing out there at the time.
Silver Sport didn’t have a kit for my car, I had to go with an early B-body kit and build from there. I made some changes to my center piece - between the torsion bars for the transmission and the mount. It wasn’t a big deal, but it had to be done. The tunnel also had to be modified, again, that wasn’t too bad.
I sent my complete pedal kit to Silver Sport and they scanned them, so they have the capability to make them if the demand is there. They sandblasted and primed them before returning them to me - that was nice.
I have a thread here under “restorations” that will have some info about what I had to do to make the transmission fit and the hydraulic clutch work. Here’s some pictures…….

IMG_9984.jpeg
IMG_9982.jpeg
IMG_9985.jpeg

And here’s the finished product….

IMG_9983.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back