Big Blue, the 67 Crown Coupe - Managing Director Edition

I hope this means you did NOT have to sell Big Blue? I sure hope so. The light looks terrific AND correct. I think the Tensor light is as close as you could come to the original (which I suspect was just a slightly modified Tensor light to begin with, but please don't quote me on that), no better place to take care of bills, etc.

I have not sold Big Blue. If somebody made an offer that I could accept, I might.

At Sacramento Cars n Coffee this morning, the only MOPARs were Vipers and new-gen Challengers. No C bodies. This was the most unusual car there, an M-B SLR McLaren:
M-B-Mclaren SLR.jpg

That’s pretty sweet, how you feeling?

Feeling pretty good, actually. Leg is almost healed; good enough for a track day on Friday at Thunderhill. Thanks for asking, Matt.
Great to hear your doing well, Dave! :thumbsup:

Oh and btw, that mobile director that was at mecum had plenty of flaws. Big Blue is well worth what you are asking.

Man, I gotta remember those coffee meetings and try to make one! That would make at least 1 C car there!

How they hangin Dave?

Pretty good, MarPar. Thanks for asking. My left leg is still bandaged, but the bleeding is minimal. Another month and I may be close to "normal," whatever that is.
Best wishes to you and the guys here for 2018.

Pretty good, MarPar. Thanks for asking. My left leg is still bandaged, but the bleeding is minimal. Another month and I may be close to "normal," whatever that is.
Best wishes to you and the guys here for 2018.

Good to hear, Dave! Im glad you are doing well.

Mario

Dave, for some reason there have been several managing director optioned Imperials this year, come up for sale. None of them come close the the quality and condition of your car. Still my favorite color too.

Dave, for some reason there have been several managing director optioned Imperials this year, come up for sale. None of them come close the the quality and condition of your car. Still my favorite color too.

Thanks, Zy. Perhaps more people interested in 1960s cars are starting to notice Imperials, in general? I've had some serious interest in Big Blue, but the highest offer, $20K, seemed kind of low to me. So, not being in any hurry, I'll just keep on cruising as long as I can.

Hello, gents.
I've been driving Big Blue every 2 weeks, except in the rain. Today, instead of just cruising around aimlessly, I dropped by the local Classic Cars annual show in Orangevale, CA, which had about 75 cars. I didn't know it was a competition. Won the "Most Popular" award: a big bucket of car care products. Here's a pic with the only other C bodies present.

Classics Orangevale 2018.jpg

Congratulations! I keep forgetting about that gathering. One of these days I have to go to it.

Hello, gents.
I've been driving Big Blue every 2 weeks, except in the rain. Today, instead of just cruising around aimlessly, I dropped by the local Classic Cars annual show in Orangevale, CA, which had about 75 cars. I didn't know it was a competition. Won the "Most Popular" award: a big bucket of car care products. Here's a pic with the only other C bodies present.

View attachment 173304
Congrats on the award... she'd get my vote too.

How's the "butt kickin leg" holding up? It sure sounds like you're getting to enjoy yourself and the Imperial more.

Back