Big Blue, the 67 Crown Coupe - Managing Director Edition

In all honesty I couldn't ask for a better trophy than the one I married and I couldn't imagine it any other way.:)
It sure is fun to look at other trophies though!

Agreed, Matt!

Maybe some here noticed that I had Big Blue on eBay for a week testing the waters about selling her. The highest bid, $10,400 was less than half of what I was hoping for.
Now I'm thinking that the November Mecum auction in Las Vegas might be a better idea. They allow a reserve price, which increases their hammer fee to 10%. On the positive side, their website will take 12 pictures and post them immediately. That gives plenty of lead time for potential bidders to find this obscure model. On the negative side, if the Imp doesn't sell, I'll be out the registration fee of $500, plus all the costs of getting the car to Vegas and back. I'm pretty sure Blue is strong enough to and from LV and my wife would share the effort. Then, there's the airfares, hotel, etc.
I don't know. I'm still on the fence about selling.

Agreed, Matt!

Maybe some here noticed that I had Big Blue on eBay for a week testing the waters about selling her. The highest bid, $10,400 was less than half of what I was hoping for.
Now I'm thinking that the November Mecum auction in Las Vegas might be a better idea. They allow a reserve price, which increases their hammer fee to 10%. On the positive side, their website will take 12 pictures and post them immediately. That gives plenty of lead time for potential bidders to find this obscure model. On the negative side, if the Imp doesn't sell, I'll be out the registration fee of $500, plus all the costs of getting the car to Vegas and back. I'm pretty sure Blue is strong enough to and from LV and my wife would share the effort. Then, there's the airfares, hotel, etc.
I don't know. I'm still on the fence about selling.
I hate to see you sell her, and I understand why you're thinking about it... Might be a little Vegas vacation in there if you do go, that's the way I would look at it.

I hate to see you sell her, and I understand why you're thinking about it... Might be a little Vegas vacation in there if you do go, that's the way I would look at it.

Yes, those are my thoughts about an LV trip, exactly.
Right now, my wife and I plan to drive Big Blue to Monterey Car Week in August. I'm pretty sure the car is ready to go, not so sure about myself. Will be fun to do the Pacific Grove Cruise-In.

Yes, those are my thoughts about an LV trip, exactly.
Right now, my wife and I plan to drive Big Blue to Monterey Car Week in August. I'm pretty sure the car is ready to go, not so sure about myself. Will be fun to do the Pacific Grove Cruise-In.
Lots of pictures please... some of us may never get to see the west coast sights otherwise.

I am really glad to see you getting some use out of her while you can.

Lots of pictures please... some of us may never get to see the west coast sights otherwise.

I am really glad to see you getting some use out of her while you can.

Of course I'll take a bunch of pics in Monterey if we go. Next week, I'm meeting with the surgeon who worked on my leg. If he gives me a clean enough bill of health, it's on.

"...clean enough..."

I like your style. Good on you!

Thanks!

I went to the Folsom, CA Cars and Coffee this morning. Instead of driving Big Blue, I took my daily driver, an SL55 AMG. (I had to sell my Porsche Boxster because I can't use a clutch anymore due to my AFU left leg.) There weren't many MPOPARs there today. Here are a few pics:
SL55 AMG.jpg
Dart Drag Racer.jpg
Porsche GT3.jpg
Camaro.jpg
Woody.jpg

Thanks!

I went to the Folsom, CA Cars and Coffee this morning. Instead of driving Big Blue, I took my daily driver, an SL55 AMG. (I had to sell my Porsche Boxster because I can't use a clutch anymore due to my AFU left leg.) There weren't many MPOPARs there today. Here are a few pics:
View attachment 136121 View attachment 136122 View attachment 136123 View attachment 136124 View attachment 136125
Tisk tisk... sporting that big deformed chicken foot when it could have been an eagle....:poke:

The pics made up for it though:thankyou:

Took Big Blue to a show in Placerville, 30 miles from home, all uphill in 105 degree weather. Good to see the temp gauge stayed low-normal with the AC on. Only about 20 cars showed up due to the heat. Here's a pic:

Placerville Car Show.jpg

Another Cars & Coffee in Folsom, this AM. Not a single MOPAR C Body in sight. Big Blue is in the shop, so I brought my VW Phaeton V8. Only a few guys there had ever seen one. Pics...
VW Phaeton.jpg
Fury Hemi.jpg
Fury Hemi 426.jpg
Charger RT.jpg
MOPARS.jpg
Caddy 51.jpg

It's good to here your doing good and getting out to enjoy your cars. Keep the pic's coming from the outings.:)

Man, I hope you never have to sell. But I pray that I'm in a position to buy if you do... or, more generally but to the point, I hope someone takes as good of care as you have. That is one spectacular car.
Please take care of yourself, which ever way the tide turns.

Man, I hope you never have to sell. But I pray that I'm in a position to buy if you do... or, more generally but to the point, I hope someone takes as good of care as you have. That is one spectacular car.
Please take care of yourself, which ever way the tide turns.

Thanks, man.

Back