biggest rear tires 68 fury

ontilt

Reaction score
I have a 1968 fury 111. I would like to know from some one with first hand knowledge what is the widest tire that will fit in rear and what offset etc the wheels have to be. Thank you

Welcome. How about telling us about yourself and your car before asking questions?

We would love to see pics of your 68. I have a 69 Fury III and have just put on 275 60 15's on the back with 15 8 wheels with 4 1/2 inch back spacing . Here is a pic.
20160630_204206.jpg

There is room for some more ,,but how big can you go with the correct back spacing? 285? 295?

The O P wants the fattest tire regardless of original or correctness . 295s would fit easy with a larger back spacing

Massive indeed!!

I have a 71 New Yorker and used mopar 15x8 rallye wheels with 4.5 backspace and was able to squeeze 295's on. For pics and videos, check out my Facebook page "Fucknut Automotive Restoration"

Ontilt, most first post in the welcome wagon to introduce themselves, maybe show some car pic's and then ask questions. Welcome to the site, we welcome all questions.

Thanks guys, I didn't realize there was a "welcome wagon" thread. I posted some info there. I will try and get some photos soon. Bigger back spacing? 5" how much?

I use 235 70 15 but unfortunately on 6 inch rims which were the widest that came on the car. Originally the 6 inch rims were on the back and 5 1/2 inch on the front. I would have preferred 7 inch rims on the front to spread the the tire out abit more.

325/50/15 drag radial - may trim lip. If wheel had 1" more inset would be perfect- wheel is 8" Lil Red Express

image.jpeg

I fitted 275 / 35 / R20 on a 9.5 x 20 rim on the back - There is no offset and the passenger side slightly touches. I have to hammer in the inside rib but otherwise fits good. I would like to full the guard in more but with 295's it would be a tight squeeze. I think you would have to modify the inner wheel arch to get a wider tyre and push the rim closer to the out edge of the guard with more offset.

DSC_0759_1.JPG

DSC_0788.JPG

Guy comes in almost a year ago.
Asks, What's the biggest tire...
Never heard from again.

That says volumes to me.

Back