BitterSweet is home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spared no expense on the NYB. I spent stupid crazy money and anally obsessed over "correctness" and perfection. Now that it's all finished, I just want to relax and have fun with this one. And I'm enjoying the ever loving crap out of BitterSweat. I still can't believe she's mine. So what if I can't afford Magnums and Redlines for her. I couldn't when I was 20 either :-D

Posted via Topify on Android

Ward don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver?

Havent been on in a while. Didnt realize you were sporting a new ride. Great story and sweet car. The more i see them, the more those 67 68s grow on me

Surprisingly busy for the winter. So in turn, everything i had planned to do this winter was put on the back burner. Very little time to do much other than work. Rarely had a chance to skim through the recents posts here.

You gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Indeed. We had a tornado hit last fall and devastated almost half a city. 1500 homes affected. The next 4-6 years are goin to be insane busy. I literally have most of the year booked as of now. I hope we can catch a break in there somewhere. I would love to have my new yorker primed, undercoated, powder coated, and ready for color by this fall. Just dont know if its goin to be feasible with the way things are goin rght now. Sorry to steal your thread stan.

On that note, i might add, that on the very top of all thats been going on recently, my wife and i will be adding another member to our evergroing family. I hope he loves the cars as much as our firstborn. Yes its another boy. Maybe i can get each one to take an era and go with it

Well, I guess it didn't take long for me to fall off the wagon.
banghead.gif

wgx0gj.jpg

Everytime I think I should not let something annoy me and let it slide, a vision appears before me and I hear the words: "What would Rexus31 think?"

2j4evf8.jpg

Scott is Satan I tell ya!! My torturer.
banghead.gif

I decided to take a gander at wtf is going on inside the dash. It looked like a war zone. So I thought let's get the HVAC done right the first time. I'm sick of playing games. So I started pulling stuff to get a good look. Hmmm. The instrument panel is a real custerfluck but the HVAC looks complete minus the valve. I decided the money was worth it and I put one in. Road test showed plenty of heat now but couldn't shut it off. Looked closer and the cables were FUBAR. So I found cables and ordered them. While examining the cables, I saw the vacuum connector at the back of the 5 button HVAC control switch was broken. So I ordered a new control. While searching for a new HVAC control, I stumbled upon a NOS blower switch. Hey, I only want to do this once so I ordered the switch. Since I knew almost all the bulbs were burnt out and since I'm scrounging around inside the dash anyway, I might as well replace all 24 bulbs of various styles, a few of which are now obsolete, I ordered multiples of every single style of bulb used in the interior. I only want to do this once, right?. Now I see also that the weird 4 x 10 speaker is missing so I'm going to make a template to fab an adapter to stick a commonly available speaker in there. I'm in there anyway and I only want to do this once, so... While were dealing with the radio anyway, nows a good time to run a new antenna so I got a proper one of those too. Do it once. While also poking around under there I accidently ripped the duct going to the right dash vent. Let's do this right the first time and order new 2-1/2" flex duct. Damn the right vent is impossible to access. Took one day alone to get that vent out. Had to though. Once, right, blah blah blah..
So, valve, control, switch, duct, bulbs, speaker, antenna.
Charge the a.c. and no more......

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back