blower motor location on a 72 newport?

adam83

Reaction score
Just bought the car, and the heater doesnt work. I believe that because its the base model newport, it has the manual heater control. Not sure though because this is my first C body. I dont have rear defrost, cruise control, and the radio is only an AM. I will post a pic of the controls. Nevermind the radio problem in the pic, one thing at a time. Anyways, the heat doesnt work. The blower motor doesnt turn on. 1st thing I did was replace the fuse, but nothing happened. I'd like to check the blower motor, and give it 12 volts from a battery charger I have to see if it will work, but I dont know where it is. any ideas??

P1010202_zps2bb08d41.jpg

You're gonna want to get a factory service manual. That will show every nut/bolt, plus wiring diagrams, etc.

Somebody here will know the answer to your question but you're still gonna want the manual.

Ha I figured I'd get around that by askin you guys, but looks like I gotta get the fsm

I know I need to get one.

You will learn a ton more by paging through the FSM and parts manual. Then you get the hard to figure out questions answered by the experts here on FCBO.

He's a Service Writer for an automotive repair chain up in Canada. probably the most honest guy on earth and it causes turmoil in his head because of the industry he's in. That aside, ask any question involving numbers, and he will come up with the answer from the top of his head or he'll look it up the minute he gets home from work for you.
His BOAB (Barge On A Budget) thread is legendary and then it went dead. I want to fly up there and put a mirror under his nose. Another guy is StticherBob.

I heard of StitcherBob and believe he made a few posts on FCBO. Too bad those guys aren't active members here.

SttcherBob is the best stitcher man I have ever communicated with.
Give him your interior problem, he has a world class solution.

They were both extremely active on the DryDock, moved on over to MoparFins, but even that's dying now.
Extremely early on I saw posts from them here at FCBO but they both left quickly.
Mr. C is a shocker. I haven't a clue where he's been hiding all these years. Glad he came out of the closet.

Looking at the manual and not under the hood or dash to remove the motor you need to remove the heater core cover under the hood

Looking at the manual and not under the hood or dash to remove the motor you need to remove the heater core cover under the hood

I think that is the first time I have ever seen you of all people get back on topic.

< Sent from my tablet >

His BOAB (Barge On A Budget) thread is legendary and then it went dead. I want to fly up there and put a mirror under his nose..

I remember reading about the BOAB. Found the threads a couple years ago, and couldn't stop reading for hours. I always wondered what happened with the car. Id it still just haning out in his garage?

He had another beautifull 66/67? maroon chrysler that he sold to help fund the boab didnt he? Last I saw he had a b body wagon.

Back