BRAKE CYLINDER INNER BORE SIZE

10 " I S 10 " --- and there is Early & Late ----
11 " I S 11 " --- and there is Early & Late ----
AND --- They Do --- N O T --- Interchange......

So, since this was many months ago,
What car do you have ??, etc., etc.,....
It's a 64 Dodge Polara, our correspondence is on page 1 of this thread.

P1023062 3.JPG

P1023064.JPG

So, of course, from the Factory , when the Polara / Monaco was a " B " or " Pre B "
In 1962 - 1964 ==== they were ONLY 10 " x 2 1/2 " Front & Rear........

In 1965 - 1973 they became a " C " body , and were
11 " x 3 " in the Front with 11 " x 2 1/2 " in the Rear ---- O R ----
11 " x 2 3/4" in the Front with 11 " x 2 " in the Rear......

So, the bottom line is, what do youhave, what do you need, etc., etc....
Shipping, naturally, is going to be a killer.....

Even the 1962 - 1964 Rear Wheel Cylinders are different than the
1965 - 1976 Rear Wheel Cylinders....
Was that part of the equation, etc., etc......

I know all of this right out of my head, they are clearly and easily among the
28 billion part numbers I have committed to memory --- and all of them --- in three (3) different brands...............

Last edited:
As a 1964 Dodge Polara ---- from the factory ----
Everything ---- I S ---- 10 " x 2 1/2 " Front & Rear ----
So, the question is, What ---- D O ---- you have ???? ----

So, of course, from the Factory , when the Polara / Monaco was a " B " or " Pre B "
In 1962 - 1964 ==== they were ONLY 10 " x 2 1/2 " Front & Rear........

In 1965 - 1973 they became a " C " body , and were
11 " x 3 " in the Front with 11 " x 2 1/2 " in the Rear ---- O R ----
11 " x 2 3/4" in the Front with 11 " x 2 " in the Rear......

So, the bottom line is, what do youhave, what do you need, etc., etc....
Shipping, naturally, is going to be a killer.....

Even the 1962 - 1964 Rear Wheel Cylinders are different than the
1965 - 1976 Rear Wheel Cylinders....
Was that part of the equation, etc., etc......

I know all of this right out of my head, they are clearly and easily among the
28 billion part numbers I have committed to memory --- and all of them --- in three (3) different brands...............

@mobileparts - Craig, I hate to question you, but your statement above has me confused, as my '64 parts book clearly shows that only VALIANTS and DARTS had the 9" brakes, and that the bigger cars (including the "pre B" Polara) had both a 10" AND 11" brake option, presumably based on engine size and such.

With the utmost respect to your knowledge and experience, perhaps your info that you've been working with over the years has led you astray, and perhaps doesn't include the export cars having 11 brakes (for what it's worth, there was a USA market 64 Polara at Desert Valley in Az with 11" brakes - I was looking for parts from it recently, and they confirmed the brakes size).

I have included pics of the brakes pages directly from my 64 parts book that shows the 10" and 11" option for brakes:

1964 DODGE BRAKES.jpg
1964 REAR PARKING BRAKES.jpg

As a 1964 Dodge Polara ---- from the factory ----
Everything ---- I S ---- 10 " x 2 1/2 " Front & Rear ----
So, the question is, What ---- D O ---- you have ???? ----
According to our correspondence, as pictured above, on day 1, June 1st, you asked me if I had
11 x 3 front w/ 11 x2 1/2 rear or 11 x 2 3/4 front w/ 11 x 2 rear, to which I replied 11 X3 /11 X 2 1/2.
This is what my car came with from the factory and I do not believe that this was a Canadian model only deal either as I have bought brakes for it before with no issues over sizes.

Hi Craig, The pics show what I have, the only things I can use are the rear wheel cylinders and the emergency parking brake bar springs.

What I need is 11" x 2 1/2" brake shoes and all hardware for left and right, back axle only.

20220810_082151.jpg

20220810_082208.jpg

20220810_082225.jpg

Hi Ross, I've still got a big brake problem, to wit, I don't have any. I sent the package back and have had 1 msg since saying he hadn't opened it but nothing since despite emailing. I am unsure how to proceed. Any advice you could give would be welcome.
Thanks from Hugo.

Hi Ross, I recently bought a 2018 Gibson 330 re-issue, I had a '59 one back in the 80's which I always regretted parting with, it had a crack in the back of the neck and had been shaved and glued, was my only guitar and was very sensitive to temperature and atmospherics. It's in the 3rd pic below, had a Bigsby tremolo arm but I wasn't bothered about that.

I had been looking for one of these for some time and they don't come up for sale often but I found one in Italy in a shop called Guitar Sauce on the shore of Lake Como, so we went to the South of France on holiday and I went up on a train and bought it. Spent 16 hours either on or waiting for a train, 40 mins in the shop, 10 mins playing it.

It's a Custom shop model, the neck joins the body at the 19th rather than the 16th.
All these reissues have been very well reviewed on various forums by people who own originals, I could have bought any amount of 335's but I had to have the black P90's plus the 330 is entirely hollow where the 335 has a block of wood in the middle with a resultant difference in tonal qualities.

I'm very happy with it, it's an itch I'm glad to have scratched.

IMG-20220829-WA0006.jpg

7014.jpg

20220818_080356.jpg

Back