Build Card received from Stellantis today :)

Todd Peterson

Reaction score
Kudos to Danielle Szostak-Viers at Stellantis for locating my Build Card and sharing the image with me! :) However, you might guess it causes more questions than answers, since it's really hard to read. Wish I could find a 'blank' one so I could better understand the IBM format. Of course it's most likely that I have 60 year old eyes and can't discern the fuzziness into numbers... LOL

buildcard.jpg

Nice! I have been tempted. Who do you contact?

Nice! I have been tempted. Who do you contact?
Email danielle.szostak@stellantis.com She will need a copy of your Title to prove ownership. There is also a form that goes with the request. I attached it here in PDF which may or may not post, I'm not sure. You should be able to email the form and the title copy to her. It will take about a month or so. They are limited on personnel since that department just reopened January 1st.

Attachments

• Stellantis-Build-Record-Only-Form-.pdf
    45.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Email danielle.szostak@stellantis.com She will need a copy of your Title to prove ownership. There is also a form that goes with the request. I attached it here in PDF which may or may not post, I'm not sure. You should be able to email the form and the title copy to her. It will take about a month or so. They are limited on personnel since that department just reopened January 1st.
Thank you very much.

Kudos to Danielle Szostak-Viers at Stellantis for locating my Build Card and sharing the image with me! :) However, you might guess it causes more questions than answers, since it's really hard to read. Wish I could find a 'blank' one so I could better understand the IBM format. Of course it's most likely that I have 60 year old eyes and can't discern the fuzziness into numbers... LOL

View attachment 641845
This will help you understand the basic concepts of how to read an IBM card.

It's basically using a series of punches and combinations of punches to determine numbers or letters.
The columns help you find the right category of option, accessories or information.

Example: Columns 1-8 show us the Sales Order number in the upper right hand corner. C2113330 but in punch card format.
Columns 9-10 show us the region, as shown on the top row, 54
11-15 show us the dealer code 56654
16-28 the VIN number
etc, etc.

67_IBM_edited.jpg

When I contacted Danielle through Chrysler historical, she was pleasant and helpful. I had hopes of getting the information for my ‘68 300. The site at the time stated that they only had records up until Dec 1967, and with my build date on my plate 12/6/67, I was
hoping I would get lucky. She told me it was only up until model year 1967. Darn, so close. She did send me some option codes. I believe through mergers, there have been cuts to the historical department. How important can Chrysler’s history be to a foreign company. For instance, they even closed the Walter P Chrysler museum to make it the headquarters for Maserati, which share the building with operations of Alfa Romeo.

When I contacted Danielle through Chrysler historical, she was pleasant and helpful. I had hopes of getting the information for my ‘68 300. The site at the time stated that they only had records up until Dec 1967, and with my build date on my plate 12/6/67, I was
hoping I would get lucky. She told me it was only up until model year 1967. Darn, so close. She did send me some option codes. I believe through mergers, there have been cuts to the historical department. How important can Chrysler’s history be to a foreign company. For instance, they even closed the Walter P Chrysler museum to make it the headquarters for Maserati, which share the building with operations of Alfa Romeo.
I agree with you. Danielle had said the historical department had been closed while it was being moved to Stellantis and would open 1/1/24, at which time she would fulfill the emails she's received. To me I get the feeling that she's the only one working on Chrysler history. It's such a shame, but it's the corporate "we don't care" attitude in America now.

This will help you understand the basic concepts of how to read an IBM card.

It's basically using a series of punches and combinations of punches to determine numbers or letters.
The columns help you find the right category of option, accessories or information.

Example: Columns 1-8 show us the Sales Order number in the upper right hand corner. C2113330 but in punch card format.
Columns 9-10 show us the region, as shown on the top row, 54
11-15 show us the dealer code 56654
16-28 the VIN number
etc, etc.

View attachment 641860
Thank you for these! It helps me understand my card a little better. :)

Now if someone could just find the file cabinets with the info on ‘69-‘73 Fuselage cars, all would be right with the universe.

I live in Detroit and retired from Chrysler so I'd like to add some background here.
The '68 and newer records were lost in a warehouse fire. This was in the Chrysler bankruptcy and "last one out of Detroit turn out the lights" era. Employees didn't know if they woudl have a company or a job tomorrow so this wasn't top of mind.
I was a docent (guide) volunteer at the Chrysler Museum. Except for the occasional enthusiast event the place was a morgue; I coudl go a whole shift without one visitor. The Auburn Hills location is office parks and residential, and far from other tourist attractions in the metro area.
FCA did save all of the cars and displays and dontated them to a trust so they are protected and show up for events frequently.
I wish this site had spell check!
Mark

When we went to the Buick Centennial in 2003, some of us "snuck off" to Auburn Hills and the Chrysler Museum one afternoon. A fantastic place, especially in the basement. Had some great sections for car club events, too. Many interesting stories about where some of the military items were found and then restored by Chrysler people! I later ordered the CD of all of the cars in the basement being started-up one night. Neat stuff!

There's also the story, about Chrysler Historical, where the "man in-charage of it" moved all of the records off-site into a storage location so operatives who wanted to monetize that stuff would not find them. After the loan guarantees were approved and functional, he had a new place to move them back to Chrysler property. He was credited for saving them.

There was so much (or it seemed to me, on the outside) positive energy in Chrysler Corp back then it was unreal. From the time the new Ram pickup fell onto the stage at Cobo Hall until after Daimler got involved, Chrysler's stock price pretty much doubled (or took a good increase) each year with each new product line. Many successes, which seemed to evaporate when Daimler took over. Good thing the then-new 300 was pretty much designed when that happened. Great memories of neat times, for me.

CBODY67

Latest update from Danielle, received earlier today:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting the Stellantis Historical Services. We have exciting news to share. The archives will be completing a moving to a new location by the end of March. Our new facility allows us the opportunity to better serve our loyal customers. With this said, we will be temporarily shutting down our services to focus on completing the move. We hope to resume our services by the end of March. We will save your request and begin sending orders by email in March. Your patience is appreciated during this time.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

Stellantis Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Freeway
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288

Danielle sent my build record yesterday, 3-15. Saw it in my email but haven't had a chance to review it yet. They appear to be done with the move and back to fulfilling requests.

Got mine yesterday too. I learned that my car was bought new at Airport Motors in Jackson Heights, NY. This was surprising as the car had been in Virginia before ending back in New York State.

Build Card.jpg

Now if someone could just find the file cabinets with the info on ‘69-‘73 Fuselage cars, all would be right with the universe.
Personally I think ALL the cards are long gone. every one someone has posted is a bad copy probably from an old microfiche scan.
In todays world of digital pictures, scanning and color copies you'd think we'd get copies you could actually read.

This might be the best copy of a 67 card that you can actually read.
IBM blank 3.jpg

Alan

Back