Building a shop/garage options

NC as a whole went seller's market only, there are NO reasonably priced houses available, right around December of '20 but I can't figure out why... :rolleyes:

I wish a had something to sell before the bottom falls out.

Also, I keep running into damn yankees everywhere.:realcrazy: I just hope they left a few bags behind.

Last edited:
The market has been a sellers market longer than 7 months. IMO..

That's subject to debate! I've been home shopping for well over a year now and have noticed that only recently how fast homes are selling. To me, it seemed to have started around election day. Without going political, I'm out!

Can we get back on track lol, 20x40 is about the biggest I can fit, and trying to do it for 25,0000 doing alot my self ( electric, what ever else I can)

Leaning towards quancet hut, they seem reasonable and easily put up

Have you ever been in one? Not very practical/efficient for a small garage. They typically have lots of unusable space for garage activities simply by design. A 20x40 quonset hut would likely net you 2 vehicle spaces.

Have you ever been in one? Not very practical/efficient for a small garage. They typically have lots of unusable space for garage activities simply by design. A 20x40 quonset hut would likely net you 2 vehicle spaces.
No I haven't, the curved walls really affect it?

No I haven't, the curved walls really affect it?

Very much so. The traditional half circle on the ground is really bad. The short straight walled ones are better, but you still loose useable space. These huts have to be big, like 40' plus wide before they start becoming useable again, and at 40 wide your looking at 20 tall.

I did this, 14 years ago. 28 x 36 x 12 , garage only, no concrete or electric, doors only.
My point is perhaps you can go wider and not as deep. I've fit five cars in there tight but had counters, tool boxes, and other essentials.

20170805_210402.jpg

I did this, 14 years ago. 28 x 36 x 12 , garage only, no concrete or electric, doors only.
My point is perhaps you can go wider and not as deep. I've fit five cars in there tight but had counters, tool boxes, and other essentials.

View attachment 456085
Nice!!!

Can we get back on track lol, 20x40 is about the biggest I can fit,

If that's the size you're stuck with size because of placement & property lines, then ok, I get it. But you're not going to like how little room there is on the sides. When I lived in CA. the garage that was attached to the house was a 22X24 pillbox, in each back corner was the water/furnace on a 2x4 built up box, and the other corner was the washer/dryer. on the side wall was a 2' deep shelving unit, now stuff 2 66-300's in there and tell me how much room there is! Then one car changed to a 66 Satellite which gave a few more inches. In this picture you had to turn sideways to get past this, the outside door is off to the left! And this is with my 300 parked literally inches from the wall for more room.

P9220149.JPG

As you can see here, not much room behind! Now imagine a 66-300 in it's place?
243.JPG

The garage now at my brothers place is a 3 car 25x30 and it's tons roomier.

Back