Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Outdoors in 90 deg heat with 80% humidity and a mask just isn’t gonna cut it with my allergies.

What a lite weight! It's 85-90 with 90+% humidity everyday here. Mask is with me at all times.
Of course..... Not wearing a mask could be a cure for your allergies, a permanent one.

Good point Dave, it says that you have to wear a mask, or face shield, to get through the gate. It doesn't say anything about having to wear them after that.

Most of us are on the other side of that double standard.
:thankyou::thumbsup:

it says that you have to wear a mask, or face shield, to get through the gate, it doesn't say anything about having to wear them after that.

Well what is the point then, shouldn't they say a mask must be worn at ALL times? Imo I think so as a precaution so nobody blames Carlisle if they get sick.

Well what is the point then, shouldn't they say a mask must be worn at ALL times? Imo I think so as a precaution so nobody blames Carlisle if they get sick.

They may just do that. Hard to enforce however unless you're watching everyone. Like I said, If we all protest, no stupid face covering required. :BangHead::BangHead::soapbox: oh, its all :bs_flag: . DONT get me started :BangHead:

If you get run over while you are there it is also not their fault, you show up at your own risk, or stay home and hide.

Seen that more than once...:thumbsup:
Wearing a mask seems like the smart thing to do. Why would you not? I can't believe folks are bitchin about that. What is it, a vanity thing?
I won't be there because of the risk, even if I have to eat my space fees. Life's short and I'm pretty close to the end, why push it. There will be next year.
Don't mean to be argumentative, but the masks only help stop your spit from going out to others. They won't do much, if anything to protect you. I can appreciate if someone else feels uncomfortable about others not wearing masks, but they are not much of an answer. I'm not much on having to re-breath my own CO2.

I really don't know what I'm going to do. My procedure is on the 29th and they have an initial week of extremely low activity prescribed for after, but it still might align with a nice little trip being possible. I'm not sure about anything, my job (or lack of) will be one of the biggest factors. My furlough layoff (prisoners get furloughed... I was voluntary) may be over by then, and then it will be a matter of getting released for work (they will want that, I'm a bad patient and will probably do what I feel like).
I'll be there, keeping my blood sanitized with lots of alcohol. If you are from somewhere east of Carlisle please wear a sign so we can all stay away because apparently you all like to share all your germs too much.
Just sit 6 feet from your cooler if I come by to sponge a beer. :lol:
I will gladly take one if you will separate. Doesn't matter which one. If you wanna give me the one that is farthest from can'tflip so he has a larger space for his stuff that's fine too. Just let me know how to pay. Pm me.
Not planning to sell, if I go. Will brings a vintage trailer with A/C and a generator for the coffee pot... if you can't measure up, my property value will greatly reduce :poke:.
I'll have probably bring the 'burb so I have sleeping quarters... but depending on how I feel, I may be looking for a hotel room. No A/C, mask crap, recent health issues... IDK. Regardless, feel welcome... and you'd become a favorite person if you have coffee, at around 4am. :lol:

Yeah, I don't go into places without a mask, or if there are people not wearing them. Outdoors I'm a little more flexible, but I'd still wear one on the show field with the number of people walking around. Problem is, as Jeff correctly states, my mask is to protect you, your mask is to protect me, it's a two way street, if one isn't wearing one the other is at risk. It will probably piss me off to see guys pulling the mask off in defiance as soon as they walk through the gate. I commute from NJ to PA, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen bikers pull over just past the bridge tolls to remove their helmets (no helmet laws in PA) and continue onto the local roads. Yeah, it’s your right, but the pavement is just as hard in PA, and other drivers just as crazy, just like the virus is still alive and active, it hasn’t gone anywhere.

I’m still not sure when or how long I’ll be there , but still planning a day trip. I’ve already spent most of my traveling and hotel money online for the parts I would have hunted for at the swap, so I’ll spend time looking around the show field. I really wanted to check out the Rapid Transit Display and the 50th Anniversary of the last C Body convertible, or lack there of, LOL.

No eating or drinking out.
Mask in public.

If you could see the unwashed masses that surround you down here, you'd be wearing a haz-mat suit.

I'll be 71. I've lost too many bets in my life where I had plenty of time to pay for them. My remaining time is way too short even at a million to one odds.
FML

I've decided that I'm not going this year. There's a long list of reasons with COVID and having to wear a mask not being a deciding factor.

Not planning to sell, if I go. Will brings a vintage trailer with A/C and a generator for the coffee pot... if you can't measure up, my property value will greatly reduce :poke:.
I'll have probably bring the 'burb so I have sleeping quarters... but depending on how I feel, I may be looking for a hotel room. No A/C, mask crap, recent health issues... IDK. Regardless, feel welcome... and you'd become a favorite person if you have coffee, at around 4am. :lol:

I won't measure up to Will. I"m mostly using the space for parking. I'd consider sleeping in the burb there as well but i'm not used to the heat of PA or the humidity so I will be in a hotel room. Plus my club, ebodies.org has a dinner planned and an after hours pizza party as well so I won't be hanging out after the show each day. I really enjoy the swap so it would be nice to have a place to dump my parts so I don't have to leave and reenter the grounds multiple times a day.
4 AM ? holy crap. How do you even get up that early?
I'll stay in the back of the spot so as to not impeded traffic to your parts selling.
As for property value, if you ask my neighbors I don't help that much. I leave all these ugly cars and car stuff laying around.

My dad 78 years old. He's one of the old guys at the Dunkin Donuts. Since they can't hang inside they sit on tailgates and lawn chairs in the parking lot.

I’ve joined the Senior Coffee guys at my local McDs since retirement. They just opened indoor seating but you need the mask to get thru the door and order. It’s good to get back together and ***** about everything. Like the little 13 yr old counter girl screaming at everyone that forgets their mask.
And read an actual newspaper. They still seem more fact base than any radio, internet or tv news.

Hey guys, this is serious! If you gather together the hospitals will be overrun! #NewNormal Thanks Governor Wolfe for keeping people #Safe. By not going, we sacrifice EXACTLY like people from WWII #WEareGreatestGeneration. Çaution in the Defense of Safety is No Vice! #TooMuchFreedom

I've decided that I'm not going this year. There's a long list of reasons with COVID and having to wear a mask not being a deciding factor.

Oh damn, so sorry to hear this John. :(. It won't be the same without you there, hope to see you next year though.

Back